When do you buy new clothes?

Options
freddykid
freddykid Posts: 265 Member
So at what point in weight loss do you decide to start buying new clothes to fit? I started with just a smaller belt since my pants were sliding down more and that has lasted a few months. I bought some jeans last week but only one pair. I was looking at my cargo pants today that have a fold in them under the belt and realized that they look like HAMMER-TIME pants one me. I have a lot of work clothes that just don't fit me right anymore. Should I have been buying them all along or do you go on a shopping spree and throw away all the old clothes? It is a first-world problem but I still have a bit to go to my goal but I don't want to jump the gun if I rebound a bit when I get to my goal and the have clothes I can't get into.

Replies

• MaskedFitness
    Options
    I've gained alot of the weight I'm at in the past year or so but I do have clothes from last year that are a few sizes smaller. I'll start wearing those when the clothes I'm wearing now get too lose. But the clothes I have from last year are gonna have to go once I lose 30 more lbs.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    if you plan to keep losing check the goodwill stores or second hand stores..you can get really cute jeans there CUTE and work clothes too. I started buying new clothes after I was almost to goal cuz I knew the size difference wouldn't be that much.
  • Norma_24
    Norma_24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try going to thrift shops if you are still trying to reach your goal that way you are not spending as much money as you go down sizes
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My rule is if I can pull my jeans off without unbuttoning or unzipping them, it's time for a new size down.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I was fortunate enough to go shopping in my own closet until even those were too big, and by then I was pretty close to goal. I think the thrift-shop idea is a great one, that way you are not spending too much, but still feeling better because you can really see the weight loss in clothes that fit. :smile:
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    my jeans already falling down without a belt, but hold one im not buying jeans until i reach my final goal
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My rule is if I can pull my jeans off without unbuttoning or unzipping them, it's time for a new size down.
    I like this as a rule, I have a few that do fall down now.

I guess I should just get a few things that fit better until I level off. I will take a peak at the thrift store to hold me over. I haven't been in one since I was a kid might be kind of fun.