"skinny fat"?

Options
Hi, I'm looking for folks who work out regularly (4-7x a week) who are struggling to lose (or keep off) those pesky 10lbs that seem to come and go. I have a desk job with long hours and mainly need help with meal planning and motivation. Thanks!

Replies

• SweatSuit
    Options
    Ehh! Bring lunch to work, count your meals before you go. It's easy once you get in the habit. New food makes me excited. Try to add some new dishes.
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Add me. We're close in age, I have a desk job (staring at a computer screen, sitting on my butt), and I work out regularly. I was struggling all year to lose 6 pounds until late September when I finally took charge, lowered my calorie limit and tracked on the weekends (which I wasn't doing during maintenance).
  • drchu
    drchu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fell free to add me, I exercise regularly 7-8 hours a week and I think we are on the same struggle (I also have a desk job). I am trying to loose 3 more kg and to then to mantain the weight I've already lost (18kg since I started, I believe its about 33 pounds). so If you like, we could be fitness buddies =D
  • latinlore21
    Options
    I have the same problem! Can't seem to lose the last ten lbs. I also have an office job (a very stressful office job).
  • Slimmd
    Slimmd Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I know I'm supposed to think ahead, pack lunch, etc., and I'll be really good about it for a while and then, as soon as the late nights at work and stress kicks in, it all goes by the wayside.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Well.. I work out 4 times a week.. just started this week. I've lost 17 pounds in 6 weeks and can't seem to eat enough no matter what I do. Maybe what i eat will inspire you to lower your caloric intake? my net calories are like 800-900 each day. except weekends because I don't work out most weekends and we go out to eat often on them. I eat super healthy most days, cook dinner all week long and can't really even stomach the junk. it hurts. I spend 40 hours at a desk too. I guess I have the opposite problem though.. I don't really eat enough.. Maybe we'll help each other. Anyone can add me. I need all the support I can get. LOL
  • 89daysonly
    Options
    Hi I'll add you...same problem-desk job with long hours
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Working out 7x a week is too much, our bodies need enough resting time to recover. As with the foods, I agree with the other posters about bringing food to work. If you find you need to eat out, I suggest you go for veggies, lean meats (fish, chicken, lean beef or pork) and limit foods that is high in saturated fat. Also as much as possible go for grilled or baked foods instead of fried.

I also have a desk job and what i do is to make sure I can still get myself moving by forcing myself to hand deliver the message to my co-workers instead of doing it in front of the computer, standing up while fixing my desk.
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Working out 7x a week is too much, our bodies need enough resting time to recover.

I have to disagree. Yes your body needs rest inbetween, especially when heavy lifting, but there are so many types of exercise it's hard to generalize and say what's too much and what's not. Doing an hour of yoga on your off-gym days or lifting weights on your off-running days could easily add up to 7 days a week without overworking you too much. As long as you listen to your body and don't go too hard every single day. Hell, some people do thier cardio in the morning and their strength in the afternoon - that would mean 8 work outs a week on a 4-day split. Whatever floats your boat(and keeps it afloat). :p