Help!

Does anyone know how to track zumba in the exercise log. I searched for it but no results were found!

Replies

• teilee
    teilee Posts: 15 Member
    I put it in as high impact aerobics, it doesn't give you quite enough credit but it's the closest I've found
  • Thanks so much! Its so popular I'm shocked its not in there!!
  • teilee
    teilee Posts: 15 Member
    You're welcome!! I was just as surprised for that same reason!!!
  • Even better is to get a heart rate monitor and track it with that. I was reluctant at first, but I now use one of my three all the time!
  • Hi. I don't know how accurate it is but here is a link I found to a zumba calculator tonight. You enter your weight; duration and intensity (low, mid or high). Note: I have been using the aerobic one myself.

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
  • Even better is to get a heart rate monitor and track it with that. I was reluctant at first, but I now use one of my three all the time!

Do you have any advice on what brand would be a good investment, or do they all work the same? I have never used one before!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    The best thing is to get a HRM as Jennaissance said. It's hard for MFP to put in workouts because everyone puts in a different amount of effort. Someone just starting won't be able to put in as much as someone who has been doing it for several months.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    I've heard a lot of good things about Polar and Bodybugg.
  • mz_asher
    mz_asher Posts: 87 Member
    I have a polar FT4 it's amazing! Worth getting :) if you read in the Help section it does say that they are working at getting classes like Zumba on Mfp