weekend food trap

Options
anyone have issues with the weekend food trap - lots of going out and no control over where/what you eat + no mood to work out whatsoever ...

any coping strategies to recommend?

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I make weekends extra long gym days. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I'll spend at least 2 hours, but more like 3+ hours in the gym. Don't think of the weekends as your "off" time, think of it as your fitness focus time.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I just make sure to find the motivation to workout extra if I know I am going out
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    This hadnt been a problem for me until recently, I managed to do a little extra exercise to enjoy a little extra as treats etc, and it worked well. The past few weekends though I have found it harder. The weather has changed and is colder I am much less motivated just to go for a walk in the rain and ice, and I am finding that foods I have been eating over the summer also dont hold the same appeal.

I have upped my calories slightly to try and deal with this and to incorporate different food choices and managed my expectations to expect a slower weight loss. It might not be the solution for everyone but I am hoping it works for me. If I am honest I will accept maintaining for the next two or three months whilst we go through winter rather than focusing on losing (winter is not my favourite time as I hate the cold, want to hibernate and eat!)
  • cloudsteps
    Options
    thanks everyone, will try it this weekend.
  • bonkalkady
    bonkalkady Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too! We eat out once each weekend and generally most take-outs are around 1000cals give or take. I also like to enjoy a few drinks on the weekend to the equivilent of 500-1000cals. I've figured out what works for me is to add up my weekly intake, minus off those 'extra' calories and divide the rest by 7. This then gives the amount of calories per day to eat PLUS those extra ones on the weekends, guilt free!

Works for me!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I allow extra calories on the weekend since I stay so busy - errands, household chores, taking care of my toddler. I also make sure to get in at least some exercise on these days. Most important, I stay dedicated to logging my food and try to make healthy choices. Even though I'll probably be over my goal, it helps keep me from going too far.