Good ways to sneak cardio into a day?

Options
I'm looking for some ways to get a quick 10 or 15 minutes of good cardio in when I have spare time. You know, just to get my heart pumping a little. Haha.

Anyways, any suggestions?

Replies

• StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    jump rope?
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    by the way I should take my own advice...
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    jumping jacks, jump rope (you can do this even w/o a rope), skaters, high knees, etc.
  • marjaskow
    marjaskow Posts: 81
    Options
    Do you have stairs? Go up and down fast once, then up backwards, up sideways each way, then skip a step forward & each side. You can add variety by walking up with your toes pointed either in or out or carry something heavy while doing it all. If you have more time then after every flight or every other flight do something at the bottom such as jumping jacks, toe touches or lunges. A good quick cardio workout that you can make as short or long as you want to. Goes by quick too.

I too should take my advice & fit it in more often!
  • nikki87
    nikki87 Posts: 5
    Options
    im loving all the advice!!! these are such great ideas
  • saraelsberry
    Options
    Dance! :)
  • aisha11188
    Options
    Skipping ropes is great exercise. I usually do a little during the weekends and do 1000 skips - A great workout but I have been busy with uni work and my fitness is falling :-(
  • learning2bfit
    learning2bfit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I can do these at my desk...thanks!
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Dancing! Turn up the tunes and go!
  • Keltinator
    Keltinator Posts: 265
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas everybody :) I'll definitely try them!!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Do you have stairs? Go up and down fast once, then up backwards, up sideways each way, then skip a step forward & each side. You can add variety by walking up with your toes pointed either in or out or carry something heavy while doing it all. If you have more time then after every flight or every other flight do something at the bottom such as jumping jacks, toe touches or lunges. A good quick cardio workout that you can make as short or long as you want to. Goes by quick too.

I too should take my advice & fit it in more often!

I was going to suggest the stairs, but then I read your post and I laughed because i pictured myself trying it and ending up in the ER from falling down the stairs!
  • Keltinator
    Keltinator Posts: 265
    Options
    lol so true :) plus i live in a townhouse and the stairs are on a wall that i share with some rather unfriendly neighbors, so they probably wouldn't appreciate that too much! haha. buit when they're not home you can bet i'm gonna be runnin' up those stairs :smile: