I've lost 24 pounds but no inches!

Options
I've been dieting for 4 months now, 24 pounds gone, but still no inches lost. Some shirts are a little baggy, but all my pants fit exactly the same. I don't exercise that often though. :c is there any suggestions to help lose inches as well as weight? Cause right now it seems all I'm having are scale victories, nothing else.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Same here, but I think my pants are tighter (how is that possible?!) - I feel your pain. Other than hitting the gym more I don't think there's much else we can do.... Gotta do that strength training to firm things up and shrink that fat.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    is there any suggestions to help lose inches as well as weight?

Exercise, exercise, exercise.
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

^---- This! I HATED exercising. Start into it slowly :) Buy some weights or a fun looking workout DVD. It doesn't have to be super intense or hard at first. Work into it, and you'll learn to love it, just like eating a healthy diet.

After a while, i know i personally hate missing my daily exercise. I just feel tired, lazy and sad. It really does become an addiction!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    how are you losing weight? are you perhaps losing a lot of lean body mass? if you're eating below your BMR and not weight training to preserve your muscle mass then you could be losing lean body mass.

also is it possible that you're losing other places that you're not keeping track of like wrists, ankles, feet neck etc?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You may be losing it from areas that you are not noticing by measurements or the fit of your clothes. You mention that your tops are a bit bigger - this is where you have probably lost most. Weight does not come off consistently across the body but will come off in a slightly maddening way - i.e. where you want to it come off first, it will come off last.

Just be patient. Eat at a moderate deficit and it you can, strength train.
  • carfamily08
    Options
    is there any suggestions to help lose inches as well as weight?

Yep!

I lost my first 14-15 pounds with hardly any change in inches and no change in my pants size. I started the 30 Day Shred on November 1st. I'm 2 days away from finishing it now. I've only lost another 7-8ish pounds BUT I'm down 2 dress sizes, a ton of inches and I'm much more toned/fit. No changes to my diet from before, just that 25 minute DVD 5ish times a week with the occasional walk thrown in.
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You may be losing it from areas that you are not noticing by measurements or the fit of your clothes. You mention that your tops are a bit bigger - this is where you have probably lost most. Weight does not come off consistently across the body but will come off in a slightly maddening way - i.e. where you want to it come off first, it will come off last.

Just be patient. Eat at a moderate deficit and it you can, strength train.

This! for me it goes in fits and spurts; I've FINALLY convinced my hips and thighs to contract a bit. But when I first started it really looked like I lost all the weight from my face, the rest of my body was eactly the same, lol.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Yes! Exercise is key for "faster" inch loss! Obviously, eventually, everything HAS to get smaller, but to speed it along, lift something!

Also, are you sure you're not losing inches? When I take my measurements, it takes me about half an hour because I take sooo many! I measure everywhere! My arms even get measured twice. Once relaxed and once flexing. It sounds like maybe you didn't measure in enough places? You said your tops are fitting differently now, so I'm assuming you didn't measure there if you "didn't lose any inches"? When I measure I do above my boobs, across my boobs, and below my boobs....that's also where I've lost the most inches so far.

Take more measurements!