Healthy eating to poor eating :(

Options
When I was 10-11, I started gaining weight. In ninth grade I said NO MORE. I cut out all sweets except chocolate chip granola bars and bananas. I worked out 3-5 days a week. Usually at least 4. Now I'm back to my old eating habits, I'm 35 pounds over weight. 25 of it came from when I was recently pregnant. I remember when I ate healthy, I felt strong and healthy haha. And then when I ate anything with grease or cheese or mayonnaise, I was sickened and thought it was disgusting when before that mayonnaise was my life! Cheese! Milk! CHOCOLATEEEE! Greasy foods! So, my parents started having pizza a lot, it was kinda if I didn't eat it there was nothing to eat! Seriously.. Sometimes there was but then I got used to pizza again. And slowly, got back into all my fattening foods. I want to be as strong as I was before.

Do you eat healthy? How did you start eating healthy? Do you go on and off?
I feel like if I don't eat healthy 100% of time, I won't eat healthy at all because I can't stick to it then. Cold turkey I guess.
Anyone else have to go cold turkey?

Replies

• bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    When I was 10-11, I started gaining weight. In ninth grade I said NO MORE. I cut out all sweets except chocolate chip granola bars and bananas. I worked out 3-5 days a week. Usually at least 4. Now I'm back to my old eating habits, I'm 35 pounds over weight. 25 of it came from when I was recently pregnant. I remember when I ate healthy, I felt strong and healthy haha. And then when I ate anything with grease or cheese or mayonnaise, I was sickened and thought it was disgusting when before that mayonnaise was my life! Cheese! Milk! CHOCOLATEEEE! Greasy foods! So, my parents started having pizza a lot, it was kinda if I didn't eat it there was nothing to eat! Seriously.. Sometimes there was but then I got used to pizza again. And slowly, got back into all my fattening foods. I want to be as strong as I was before.

I didn't really see a question in there or anything to reply to, but i'm just going to advise that you take control of your own life. Don't rely on your parents to make you food. Buy your own groceries, cook your meals and eat them. It's that simple.
  • chuckerickson1130
    Options
    I am a huge advocate of will power and controlling your own mind and actions. I do not allow myself to eat bad foods AT ALL, because I simply will myself not to. If you eat bad today, it is easier to eat bad tomorrow and your body begins to crave the bad foods. If you keep filling your body with better, healthier foods, your body will continue to enjoy it and crave the healthy foods instead.

I just don't do drive-thru places when driving... If someone offers me cake or sweets at work, I simply say no thank you. Yes, it is much easier said than done, but I just simply say no to foods I know are bad for me. Some may suggest that moments of weakness are okay from time to time...but then it becomes very easy to increase the frequency of "time to time", Next thing you know, "time to time" can all happen within a single day....every day. :-)

Kind of rambling so I hope this makes sense...
  • strangewebby
    Options
    I'm the same way, I'm not one of those people that can just eat one piece of fried chicken and be satisfied. One piece will always lead to another and the next day I'm going back to eating fast food every day instead of making my meals. I do much better when I'm strict on myself and don't let myself do a "little" cheat.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Do you eat healthy?
    I'd like to think so. I avoid processed foods, candy, desserts/pastries.
    How did you start eating healthy?
    I started reading up more about the bodies response to various kinds of foods/chemicals that are introduced to our bodies.
    Do you go on and off?
    Nope. I never eat processed crap. Desserts / pastries I will eat if they are made at home and only for thanksgiving and christmas dinners. I don't indulge at holiday parties and usually eat before hand.
    Anyone else have to go cold turkey?
    I eased myself into it.