Bob Harper's "The Skinny Rules" Anybody?

Hi there :),

I was just wondering if anyone else was following the Bob Harper's book called "The Skinny Rules". It's a bit overwhelming at first, but I've decided to add two rules every week to help with the transition. His first two rules?
1. Drink a large glass of water before ever meal. No excuses!
2. Don't drink your calories.

Anywho, it would be great to find someone to share this journey with. The book is a great start, but anybody to be a "buddy" with would be great!

Thanks

Replies

• lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    I haven't read the book, but I think those are great rules... even though I had a Skinny Caramel Machiatto this morning, LOL. I do stick to the water with meals, it definitely feel full a whole lot faster! Add me if you like, I log every day and always welcome new health buddies :smile:
  • JustAnother,
    How are you doing with the Skinny Rules?
    The first rule, I think, is the most important. The rest of the rules are so much easier if you're drinking enough water.
    Good luck!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    The rules are most stupid. It's surprising that Bob Harper published that. It makes me wonder if he really is a certified trainer. I'd say, don't do it. It's full of myths and BS.
  • 12sri
    12sri Posts: 6 Member
    Hi there! I want to start this too, I am doing the first three already. I find it helpful to keep a pdf of them on my desktop so I can read them over occasionally. Although some of the rules (e.g. get rid of sugar) I might have to compromise on, because I really like a teaspoon in my coffee and prefer it to artificial sweetener.
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    I have done a few. "Go to bed hungry" is one I have been following for awhile now. It really has helped since in the past I was an epic late night snacker. I wasn't really hungry, just bored. The water rule has been helpful as well.
  • I recently read the book and found that the "rules" very closely resembled what I did to lose weight three years ago. I think there is a lot of science behind the rules, but they are presented in a way that makes them easy to understand. Good luck!
  • tinytasha7
    tinytasha7 Posts: 86 Member
    That's one I don't have yet...I will be getting it this month though....I love Bob Harper and I loved his last book, Are You Ready! I thought there was a lot of really good information in that.
  • Briarrose6
    Briarrose6 Posts: 7 Member
    Just recommitted to starting up. Let me know!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,615 Member
    I SOOO love this book, a lot of great recipes! :smile: :drinker: :smile:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,615 Member
    I think drinking water is one of the important things that helps wtih weight loss!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    I'm partial to my cocktails.... I'd have a hard time with #2. :sad: