I need help with exercise and weight loss!

Options
Ive been going to the gym since february doing cardio and weights about 4 times per week. I weighed 55kgs and I really wanted to get down to 50kgs. All year the scales stayed the same, even though I could see changes in my body (as in more muscle) but I still had fat over the muscle, so it didn't look defined. Three weeks ago I was really busy with exams so I couldn't get to the gym, then the next week it was my birthday so I went out all weekend and drank lots of alcohol. I didn't eat that much, probably 700 cals of healthy food in the day and then junk food at night. But i stepped on the scales after that weekend was over and I weighed 51.9 kilos... What?!!! And i could definitely see it cos my thighs were smaller and my stomach was thinner. Its been nearly 2 weeks since that and ive managed to maintain this weight aswell. But
this week I didn't go to the gym which means I haven't properly exercised in 3 weeks and I really want to get back into it this week.
So my problem is I don't know what to do at the gym now, like should I still do weights and cardio? Because I don't want to put the weight back on... 
Does that make sense?

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Dehydration, you likely haven't put it back on because you are simply not eating enough. 50kg is too light for anything but the shortest female, if your weight is too low ovulation can stop even if your periods continue. Longer term you risk osteoporosis and infertility.
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Seriously.... "like should I still do weights and cardio?"..... LIKE get real. You don't need help in the gym, you know what the problem is. Read your post....
  • Want2BHealthyy
    Options
    Dehydration, you likely haven't put it back on because you are simply not eating enough. 50kg is too light for anything but the shortest female, if your weight is too low ovulation can stop even if your periods continue. Longer term you risk osteoporosis and infertility.

really? i never knew that! thanks for letting me know :smile:
  • Want2BHealthyy
    Options
    Seriously.... "like should I still do weights and cardio?"..... LIKE get real. You don't need help in the gym, you know what the problem is. Read your post....

sorry that we're not all as smart as you babe... if i "knew what the problem" was i wouldn't have written the post. don't comment on posts if you're not going to answer their questions.

THANKYOU FIREFOX7275 FOR ACTUALLY ANSWERING MY QUESTION