My NSV!!!!

Options
My NSV for today! I have a function coming up next weekend and planned on shopping for it on Saturday. Rummaging through my closet, (because I hate shopping!), I saw a skirt that I've had for five years but have never worn because my butt has been too big to fit in it. Literally. (I have a big butt, some days it’s a blessing, some days it’s a curse, but that's another story.) Anywho, for some reason, I looked at it and thought, "That would be a cute skirt if I could ever get into it." As I was pulling it out, I already doubted myself. I was smaller weight wise when I got the skirt, and couldn't fit it then, so I thought why in the heck would it even fit me now? Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am here to tell you that the SCALE DOES LIE! I got that skirt on and zipped it up AND it was roomy! Ha! I did my happy girl dance in my bedroom and had a smile on my face all the way into work. I’m smiling now while I’m typing up my story! Oh well. The moral of my story is your hard work does pay off, even if the scale is not being honest with you!

Replies

• alisonjj
    Options
    Wel done, feels good doesn't it? I have a pair of jeans that did the same for me a couple of weeks ago :happy:
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So true about the scale! That's an excellent NSV, way to go!!!
  • watcheronthewall
    Options
    Aww that's amazing! Well done.
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! :happy:
  • M08distel
    M08distel Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I hoped I wasn't the only person that has happened to. It is just hard to wrap your mind around that situation. Great job!
  • MadtownMadisonian
    MadtownMadisonian Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    LOL. As someone whose weight has gone up and down a lot over the years, I have clothes in many sizes stashed away. Now that I am slowly coming down from highest lifetime weight, I have begun doing something called "shopping in my closet." Every month I spend some time rummaging in back hall closets and deep storage to find all sorts of pants and blouses that suddenly seem to fit. It's a lovely feeling.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Gotta love that feeling!!
  • pulelehua510
    Options
    Way to go! I've been struggling with the number on the scale making me feel down. You just inspired me to keep going :)
  • angelajo01
    Options
    I was smiling reading your post, congrats! happy for ya!!
  • saratf
    saratf Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This makes made me happy just reading about it! Also, very glad you saved yourself from having to shop for new clothes.
  • ladylocker
    ladylocker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The best victory EVER!!!
  • nnoifeld
    nnoifeld Posts: 116
    Options
    Oh, you guys don't know! I bust my butt at the gym and try to eat right (most of the time, I'm still working on it) but I was like OH COME ON! And I admit, I rely on the scale a bit too much to gauge my progress. But that skirt sliding on was like heaven! I am starting to feel like I am getting somewhere finally!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My NSV for today! I have a function coming up next weekend and planned on shopping for it on Saturday. Rummaging through my closet, (because I hate shopping!), I saw a skirt that I've had for five years but have never worn because my butt has been too big to fit in it. Literally. (I have a big butt, some days it’s a blessing, some days it’s a curse, but that's another story.) Anywho, for some reason, I looked at it and thought, "That would be a cute skirt if I could ever get into it." As I was pulling it out, I already doubted myself. I was smaller weight wise when I got the skirt, and couldn't fit it then, so I thought why in the heck would it even fit me now? Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am here to tell you that the SCALE DOES LIE! I got that skirt on and zipped it up AND it was roomy! Ha! I did my happy girl dance in my bedroom and had a smile on my face all the way into work. I’m smiling now while I’m typing up my story! Oh well. The moral of my story is your hard work does pay off, even if the scale is not being honest with you!

Your story made my day!! Congratulations! Now go strut your stuff! :drinker:
  • nnoifeld
    nnoifeld Posts: 116
    Options
    I still have to go shopping! I have to get a nice sweater to go with that great looking skirt. But now I'll be smiling while I shop instead of looking so depressed and coming home in a foul mood!

P.S. Anyone can friend me if they like and take a look at my food journal. I am always trying to improve on what I am doing and am open to suggestions.
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have such skirts waiting in my closet for (hopefully) a similar story. Congrats! You've stuck with it and have been successful, keep it up!
  • slynnalex
    slynnalex Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Now you can sashay to your event in style and not have to shop. :smile:
  • CricketWhiskers
    CricketWhiskers Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    WHOO! YOU GO GIRL!
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    Yay! That's a great NSV! And yes, scale DOES lie. When I was the same weight as high school, I was a size lower than I was back then! Muscle takes up less room than fat... and boy is it so much sexier!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! I bet you look great in that skirt, too! Your story is proof that muscle mass is denser than fat, so if you've been working out, the scale may not be the best measure of your success.
  • grandm0ther10
    Options
    I am so proud of you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!