i did it!

Options
icimani
icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
Yesterday I did a 23-minute mile on the treadmill !!!

Now, you may not think this is a big deal - but I had both knees replaced last winter. Before that, I struggled to do my whole grocery shopping in one trip and spent most evenings with either ice or heat on my knees. Since the surgeries, I've lost about 45 pounds and I've been doing some sort of intentional exercise 5-6x per week inclding weights and cardio. Getting to a 23-minute mile is HUGE for me!

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You have every reason to be proud. :bigsmile:
  • Scorpia1997
    Scorpia1997 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • salsagal36
    salsagal36 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant! What a great achievement!
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the great job and enjoy your new knees! :flowerforyou:
  • cyndispot
    Options
    I think this is a HUGE deal. Congrats. You are going faster than those who aren't going at all and your speed is not the important part - the important part is just that you went. Keep going. Before long you'll have more miles and faster times!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    that is SO awesome....your committment is inspiring! and no doubt that number will keep getting lower and lower and even lower!
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That IS huge! Congratulations!!
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Options
    CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP! GOOD FOR YOU!
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    You SHOULD be proud! That's a huge accomplishment. You're doing great, and it's only going to get better. Keep up the great work you're doing. :o)
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!!!!! Well done!!!!!
  • grandm0ther10
    Options
    Wow! I am so proud of you. I have been abusing my knees and a hip with my weight, too. I am determined to loose 100 pounds of fat and add about 27 pounds of muscle so I can enjoy walking. You are an inspiration. After a few days on this site, I am addicted to the food diary. So much easier to see what's going on.
  • sgh10
    sgh10 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    congrats that's great well done
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations!! :happy:
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That's FANTASTIC!!!!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! That is awesome!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Pish on anyone who doesn't think it's a big deal! It's a HUGE accomplishment for you, and I bet you're dancing in your mind (if not also your body)! And really, we should all celebrate our accomplishments and measure them in terms of our own improvement, rather than against anyone else :)

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so proud of you, your progress, and your commitment! :)
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    thats fab!! its all about the improvement and overcoming obstacles. (my spelling?)
    I havent had any surgery, just started running and frankly, I find no shame in a 20 minute mile. ok. I can walk that rapidly but the idea is going THRU the mile. the rest will come. you're super to keep chipping at the goals!
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You are a rockstar, lady! Congrats!!
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So very very happy for you from the bottom of my heart! You have overcome so much!!! That 23 minute mile means a huge deal!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!