Hello

Options
Hello everyone

I'm here, not to lose weight, but to stabilize my blood pressure, strengthen my muscles, get into better shape, and develop good food / exercise habits for the rest of my life. I'm one of those unique body types that is out of shape without looking like being overweight.

I'm interested in learning more about the "dash diet". My doctor said it would be helpful. I enjoy strength training using exercise bands and body weight exercises. Gyms terrify me as I've sustained too many injuries following the advice of well intentioned but mis-informed trainer type people.

Keeping motivated to stick with the exercise and food program is difficult. That's why I'm here … to be motivated and learn from others comments. Thanks for reading this.

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site... the support is here for you :flowerforyou: There are many on the site are attempting to gain weight, lose, and just maintain or get in better shape so this site is a good support... good luck on your jouney of ridding your visceral fat - You can do it! :bigsmile:
  • dclarsh1
    dclarsh1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Hey Deejay,
    Have you had any luck learning about the dash diet? I'm also interested in it but having a hard time getting started. Any advice you've got would be greatly appreciated.

Diana
  • deejayy
    deejayy Posts: 7
    Options
    hi Diana

For dash diet info, take a look at dashdiet.org. There's also a 60 page .pdf file at www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/dash/new_dash.pdf. Let me know how it goes for you. I got off to a false start because I put myself into too low a daily calorie intake. Met with a dietician who helped me figure some of that out. d