protein powder

Options
soooo...what do you think is the best protein powder?

Replies

• G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to know as well. there are a ton of them out there.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I've tried several and I like the Vitacost whey protein in chocolate flavor.

http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-whey-iso-protein-isolates
  • teacookie
    teacookie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I *really* like NitroFusion Protein Powder. It is soy and dairy free, and really easy to absorb (ie, it doesn't give you gas, like some other brands)

The chocolate and vanilla flavors are great, but I'd steer clear of the mocha and black raspberry (they are not good).

I've used it for years, and haven't found anything else I like anywhere near as much.

HTH!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I am hooked on Jillian Michaels triple chocolate shake protein whey powder.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    idk about best, but i really like the spirutein brand. it caters to my tea obsession with their chai latte flavor =) delicious. they also have chocolate peanut butter, and a bunch of other flavors. it's vegetarian protein as well. (not that i'm vegetarian, i just don't like whey proteins as much as veg ones)
  • Jsanc041
    Options
    I use Visalus protein powder. It's super delicious and they send you a bunch of different recipes to change it up. They even have holiday recipes...my favorite is pumpkin spice!
  • dtf88
    dtf88 Posts: 53
    Options
    I use ON 100% gold standard Whey, they have loads of flavors, I really like cookies+cream and vanilla ice cream. Tastes good to me in water, even better in milk. You get a decent amount of 24g protein servings for the price, around $52 for 5 lbs at vitamin shoppe.
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Cytosport, made by Muscle Milk folks. Sold at Costco for about $40 for 6lb bag. I've only had vanilla, tastes great on its own, but I normally blend with a half cup of mixed berries.
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    MusclePharm

It's delicious and comes in a huge container it's about 30 bucks.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I use this daily (no preservatives, fake sugars, etc.)... http://www.spiru-tein.com/products/productDetail.php?id=4594
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I like Marked Whey Protein in chocolate.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I just had the Most amazing Protein shake ever in the history of mankind yesterday. Its made by six star (you can buy it at walmart) and its the cookies and cream flavor. You mix this with milk instead of water and WOW! I literally had a foodgasm in my pants
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've tried many many different ones and I always go back to this one: http://www.permalean.com/Protein-Powder I discovered it almost 15 years ago. I get the chocoholic chocolate flavor. It can be mixed in water, milk, I've even put it in my coffee. I just ordered a six month supply again after taking another shake for about a year that I just wasn't a big fan of. I like this one because it's whey protein, very low sugar and carbs, 20 grams of protein per scoop and it is sweetened with stevia instead of sucrulose.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. I am looking for a good one too.
  • MsDmeanor
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Syntha 6! It mixes beautifully, smooth texture without being slimy and doesn't have the obnoxious protein after taste that so many of them have. I love the strawberry & chocolate and just tried the cookies & cream for the first time and love it too.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    I use gnc's amplified whey protein
    The chocolate tastes like yohoo

It's smooth and mixed great and has like 60grams of protein which is ridiculous... I use half a serving in fat free milk
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    bump to add to my shopping list when I get home!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I always liked Nature's Best IsoPure Zero Carb in the Pineapple Orange Banana flavor. It has no lactose, no aspartame, and a whopping 50g of whey protein isolate. I'm not a big chocolates eater, so finding a fruit flavored protein powder was a plus to me.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I had someone point out to me that the brand I use, has more carbs than protein, which I hadn't even noticed. So, I am
    BUMPING so I can keep track of this Topic! Thank you!!
  • jodfie
    jodfie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I use Visalus protein powder. It's super delicious and they send you a bunch of different recipes to change it up. They even have holiday recipes...my favorite is pumpkin spice!

i love the vislaus mix as well...has a lot more nutrients than just protein as well