Got my body fat tested!

Options
Woohoo! I finally got my body fat tested for the first time this morning! My friend invited me to work out with her personal trainer this morning at 6:00am which I have done several of times before. Now it's not really the number that makes me happy as it was at 27.8% body fat which isn't where I want it to be, but at the same time I'm OK with it. I know I've busted my @ss the past 6 months to get it there and it makes me wonder (and a little scared to know, honestly) what it was when I first started this whole process. This whole time I haven't focused so much on my weight, but rather on being the fittest, healthiest person I can be and I will continue down this path to being fit!

So for now I'm finally able to reevaluate my goals and I am now more than half way there! I am now going for 160 ish lbs at 18% body fat. Cheers to the journey!

Like minded individuals feel free to add me! :D

Replies

• Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I also has my body fat tested this morning and it went down as well! I was at 30% last time I had it checked and now Im at 28.4 :) Not where I want to be but its progress.

Keep up the amazing job!
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    Good job and good luck getting to 18%!!!

I think women around 18% look perfect, but that's like just my opinion man.
  • thooks0614
    thooks0614 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Chyeah buddy! haha Perfection is what I'm aiming for...so close!! haha :P Really I'm just looking to get my BAMF card.
    tumblr_meni7h90mW1rjc08do1_500.gif
  • allinoelle007
    allinoelle007 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love using body fat as another way to measure progress. Congrats on adding that to your measurements! Keep up the great work!:smile:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and passion for sports and remaining active. If more people focused on body composition and general fitness, as opposed to other metrics such as scale weight, they'd experience for less stress and wouldn't turn in to mental cases.
  • thooks0614
    thooks0614 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate it. I agree with you, geekyjock, weight is a good trend tool however there are so many variables to it especially when you are lifting.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I was approx. 50% B.F. when I started in May. I'm down to about 37% right now--still have a way to go but I'm determined to get my body fat down to 25% or less. I'm a smallish person so I used to look more like a beach ball than a person. :laugh: I was startled to see my rib the other day when I looked down at myself. At first I said--"What is that?!! Is that a big lump or what?!" I forgot there were bones in there. :laugh: :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!