In need of something more...

Options
After gaining quite a bit of weight with my son, I realized I didn't want to be the person who just accepted their fate of getting older and gaining weight. I've been at this for 9 months and counting. I fully intend to keep these healthier habits for the rest of my life. Any suggestions and advice would be welcomed. I will take all the support I can get. I tend to be really hard on myself which is my biggest pitfall. Add me if you think we can help motivate each other! I love hearing about other's stories, struggles and victories. Thanks for listening! :-)

Replies

• Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    What a coincidence, because thinking positively and patting yourself on the back is the best way to stick with new habits! Plus that's a very actionable goal. Every day take the time to think or write about the good steps and choices you made that you can be proud of. You'll feel better about yourself and deepen those habits into your psyche. It sounds dorky, but I did it and it helped me to stop being overly critical of myself. I pick it back up again every time I find myself ragging on my self too hard.

By no means do you have to give in and accept getting fat. If 70 year old ladies can turn their fitness around than so can you. (And yes, 70 year old ladies can turn their lives around). Use it or lose it! and Fake it til you Make it!

Good luck.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    My advice, get rid of your scale for daily weigh ins. Also allow yourself some junk food so you don't feel deprived, drink plenty of water bc I didn't realize how many times I am merely dehydrated and not hungry. If you work out at a gym away from home put your clothes and shoes in the car so you can stop by the gym when you are out and about so you don't have any excuses not to go.
  • xxMyWeighxx
    Options
    I think you've been doing great as far as getting healthier. If you have a weight loss goal, I would suggest rewarding yourself with a new haircut or wardrobe when you're finished to make yourself feel even better :)