HRM/calorie burned devices

Options
So I seen a recent post with someone asking about the Nike Fuel and the MIO was suggested. He is my issue.. my fitness routine is boxing classes. Looking for something that can monitor that well. Does not seem to me that something counting steps will work in a fitness class.

Anyone have something they prefer that works for monitoring this type of workout?

Replies

• wvwinner
    wvwinner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You need to purchase a actual heart rate monitor watch that has a strap that you can strap to your chest to get accurate message. It measures your heart rate and tells you your calorie burn. It is great for fitness classes and if you do running most have a gps feature for outside running or you can attach a foot pod for indoor running.
  • christy7981
    christy7981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I got a HR monitor at Walmart for $30 and it works amazingly well. As long as the HR monitor has the chest strap you should be good. The difference in the more expensive ones is technology. They work with your ipod etc, but I didnt need that I just needed to find out how many calories I was burning during P90X/Insanity workouts and the one I got works perfectly.