Soy Protein Shakes

Options
Hi everyone! I have lost a total of 10lbs since I started last mid-January and currently experiencing a plateau. I noticed though, that during the time when I lost most of the pounds off was when I was using soy protein shakes as a meal substitute during dinner time. I usually eat healthy and stay in control during the day and it really helped a lot. I have sun allergies and have yet to build my own workout equipment indoors so I am not able to do my outdoor walks (loser, huh?) so I try to stick mainly to a monitored diet.

To all of you who have tried soy protein shakes - did it work? I want to make sure, I have the right observations and it is not in any way just coincidence. I used the EAS Chocolate Soy Protein Powder.

Thanks!

Replies

• jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! Did you add any thing xtra like flax seeds or wheat germ? Did you use water or milk. I want to so bad but i just cant imagine using water. I need some sort of creamyness. So i use almond milk.
  • magnolia1077
    Options
    I do the Whey protein shakes that come in the giant tub at Wal-Mart. I drink 2 a day to keep me from going crazy hungry. I use milk rather than water which makes it creamy. Around breakfast I add fruit to it and blend. You can't go wrong here!
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    My favorite shakes are the Muscle Milk Light shakes. They have no sugar added and are 100 calories for 8 oz and 15 grams of protein. I prefer pre-mixed shakes, they're more expensive, but they rarely taste chalky/gritty to me. I drink at least 1 or 2 shakes a day anyways, first thing in the morning and at bedtime with my meds, because I'm not really *hungry* for food at those times, but need something with nutrients in it with my medications that say "take with food"....

When I'm on a liquid phase, I use those in addition to Amplify chocolate shake mix from GNC. That is really good and it's just as good with water as it is with milk, without the added calories and carbs. :wink:
  • abursey1
    abursey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    I use a whey protein called Promisil. It's really good! I take a shake 30 minutes before my workout and 30 minutes after my workout. I just use water to mix mine because I don't want the extra calories from the milk and honestly it doesn't taste bad at all. I know it works really well!!

magnolia1077, how does the protein powder work from Wal Mart? I haven't tried it before, but I'm very curious....