at my breaking point

Options
I left my gym last night crying hysterically because my trainer came up to me asking me why i havent said hey to him in awhile. i told him im having family problems and had a lot on my mind. he then told me its probably cause i havent lost much weight in awhile and im probably not going to lose my last 50 pounds before my wedding. My wedding is in JULY!! I cant stop crying and my fiance is ready to kick his *kitten*. By the way this guy is known to be an *kitten* and why the gym contiues to pay him ill never know

Replies

• dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    What were his words verbatim? There's no problem with him saying he hasn't seen you in a while and that if you want to hit your goal, you need to meet with him for him to help you make it happen. However, if he really said "You haven't been here in a while and you aren't going to lose 50 lbs", that's another story. If he did truly say the latter, I would speak to someone in management about him.
    Don't let him get to you though.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You are crying hysterically because someone you call and know as as "*kitten*" told you you won't lose weight??

Grow up and take responsibility for you own life - if someone's reaction to what sound a lot like excuses makes you cry you need to toughen up a little..... And show the "*kitten*" he is wrong.....A serious workout would do a lot more for you than a non-stop crying session.....
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support that was awful advise and yes this guy was totally out of line and ur not helping at all!!!
  • ThePinupChef
    ThePinupChef Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree...don't let him get to you. I know that can be really hard, especially if you have a habit of being really hard on yourself. (I'm not sure if you do, I'm just speaking from my own experience)

I would say that if he said that to you just like that you should go up the chain and tell someone. I think that, as your trainer, he has to be able to be honest with you. But that does NOT give him the right to beat you down like that. I hate that he made you cry like that. :(

One more thing...I have faith in you!!!! Stick with the program and you will reach your goal of 50lbs down by July!!! (my guess is that you'll be down 50 before then, but everybody reacts differently)
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    What were his words verbatim? There's no problem with him saying he hasn't seen you in a while and that if you want to hit your goal, you need to meet with him for him to help you make it happen. However, if he really said "You haven't been here in a while and you aren't going to lose 50 lbs", that's another story. If he did truly say the latter, I would speak to someone in management about him.
    Don't let him get to you though.

^This. Also be strong you are in this for you. Don't let someone else's opinion get you down. Stay motivated.
  • ThePinupChef
    ThePinupChef Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are crying hysterically because someone you call and know as as "*kitten*" told you you won't lose weight??

Grow up and take responsibility for you own life - if someone's reaction to what sound a lot like excuses makes you cry you need to toughen up a little..... And show the "*kitten*" he is wrong.....A serious workout would do a lot more for you than a non-stop crying session.....

Really?!? You think this is helpful?
  • schnoomom
    schnoomom Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would agree with you, but take that one piece of advice to heart - show him he's wrong! Best revenge.
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thank u pinupchef for ur support
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Truth. Not everyone has the skin of a rhinoceros.

And if he said those actual words, then report him to management.

edit: spelling, duh...
  • LaceyMorley
    Options

Really?
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Since you stated that you're having family problems, could those problems be making you more sensitive than normal? The guys statement wasn't delicate but hardly offensive. (At least to me. We're all different.)

Just keep working towards your goal and be ready to adjust it if you can't lose the 50 lbs by your wedding. BTW. Congrats on your engagement.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I think it's great advice. I had someone tell me something similar back when I was first starting. And look, I lost fifty pounds and continue to lose. I think it's great motivation to work to prove someone wrong. You just gotta get your head on straight and focus, and stay disciplined. Fifty pounds in six months is doable! You can't let every jerk get to you. Stress increases cortisol levels, dontcha know?