drinks...

Options
ok now i know the best thing for me to drink is water. however i am having an issue with not drinking something with flavor at night almost like a dessert. so i tend to have soda. i drink coffee at work and i am trying to find maybe a good tea? i just need something that doesnt taste gross (which i understand is a matter of option) but i also want something that i can enjoy without having to feel my teeth rotting lol. i have had sweet drinks since i was young and i guess it is a hard habit for me to kick.

im looking for positive advise so to tell me just drink water isnt helpful i am trying but everyone has a vise (im also a terrible speller lol)

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I hated water when I started this whole weight loss thingy. I used to use Crystal Light until my doc said no artificial flavorings..So..then I went to water..squeezing some lemon/limes into them...But last night..wanted something sweet..I had Pelegrino water with Berry flavored Stevia drops...it hit the spot with no calories whatsoever..so I got my bubbly and my sweet..
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    brewing loose leaf tea is my ritual at night. i like teavana, and david's tea.

i have bluebery acai white tea, vanilla caramel black tea, honey chamomile, and a mix called strawberry sangria which tastes very fruity and delicious.

try some teas! try a flavored green tea especially
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    try flavored green teas....the teabag ones usually have LOTS of flavors
  • nejaustin
    nejaustin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Try Good Earth's Sweet and Spicy tea I believe they have a caf and decaf variety. Lots of flavor, slightly sweet and it is good hot or cold.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I really love Stash teas. You can find them in the grocery stores in the tea aisle. They also have an organic line in the organic section of some stores. I also order off of their site. http://www.stashtea.com/

They have wonderful flavors and you can order a 10 pack for like $2.50 to try them out before comitting to a large box. They also throw samples of other flavors they think you might like in with your order. I personally love the Organic Cascade Mint with a touch of honey. YUM! Might just make a cup now.... :smile:
  • no1belongs
    Options
    brewing loose leaf tea is my ritual at night. i like teavana, and david's tea.

i have bluebery acai white tea, vanilla caramel black tea, honey chamomile, and a mix called strawberry sangria which tastes very fruity and delicious.

try some teas! try a flavored green tea especially

i got a blueberry lemon tea from teavana but i find the tea smells better then tastes i dont know if im just steeping it too long or what. just not good. i only bought cuz the had a sample in the store and it was sooo yummy.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I have sugar free fruit squash/ cordial, either one with real oranges or real lemons not the luminous day glo stuff, sucralose rather than the really nasty chemical sweeteners. Straight water makes me feel queasy.
  • no1belongs
    Options
    bump
  • greenmeena
    greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Flavored teas!! If I really want a dessert drink I have decaf vanilla tea, or a fruity tea; Yogi tea makes some awesome flavored teas. I just add a little milk and a tiny bit of honey if I really want a sweet drink, but most of them are good on their own. One that I've found is Egyptian Licorice, which has a wonderful sweet aftertaste and absolutely doesn't need anything added to it at all- so all the yum and no calories. Plus you're getting hydrated at the same time.

Also, train yourself to like water with lemon squeezed into it.
  • no1belongs
    Options
    bump bump