Starting my weight loss journey

Options
Just wanted introduce myself. I am a stay at home mom of four. I have struggled with weight and hypothyroidism since 2000 . After 3.5 months of medical bed rest after the birth of my twins I promised myself that I would get back in shape. Now one son later I finally threw in the towel and decided there are no more excuses. I want my body back. I want to be the mom that can chase her kids on the field and keep up. With that said I started working out two weeks ago. Only a pound down but I'm starting to feel better already. I'm new here and need to reach out to others in this journey. I will not give up on myself no longer.

Replies

• Michellet1984
    Options
    Keep up the work.. one day at a time and you have full support with me!
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I also suffer from hypothyroid. You can add me if you would like
  • Lizsullie
    Lizsullie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You've taken a great first step!! You can do the rest :)

Add me if you'd like.
  • deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are making a great choice. I am starting over now too and I realize it is all about choices, one meal, one snack, and one day at a time.
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! First step!
  • jenrobi
    Options
    I am in a similar position as you! I have 3 kids and a year after my third, I am still around the same weight I was when he was born. I am a stay at home mom as well and overwhelmed a lot of the time with trying to keep the house in balanced and 3 kids and a husband fed and clothed with clean laundry.

I want to start working out, we have one gym in our town and I am going to go there later this week to see what their packages are like. Otherwise, I will have to do it in my living room, which may be a bit difficult with a clingy 1 year old and a 4 year old who wants to work out with me. Not that i have problems with them wanting to be by me. It's just that is part of my issue of feeling overwhelmed, I rarely get breaks! My husband works long hours, and me time is severely limited.

That's one thing I'd really like to change. I think that is a key element to my success. I'd love to get to a gym again (I used to go quite often before). To put in earbuds and not have to be half concerned with children would be an amazing thing. It's a luxury!

Good luck!
  • oukils
    oukils Posts: 20
    Options
    Yes! I can too relate. My husband is so busy with work. luckily the twins go to preschool in the am. Thats when my 13 month old takes his nap. I have been trying to get time in for me. but I noticed as soon as I started to work out in the am for at least 45 min. I had enough energy for the rest of the day. The big part for me was eating. I haven't been eating the right foods to fuel my body. Now with increasing exercise I feel like its best to have small lighter meals to fuel me. Sometimes going to bed when the kids do...but wake up an hour before them gives me the head start. All i know for sure what I have been doing these past years wasn't working. I'm not looking back anymore! :)
  • oukils
    Options
    Does Anyone has any suggestions with this site that has helped them lose and stay on track? I'm such a newbie lol
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smart phone? If so, the mobile app is great!! Really helps me remember to log my entries since I am glued to my phone haha.

I also try to keep a note pad and pen on me. If I'm someplace where I can't add my food at that time, I don't want to forget. That way you can write it down and add it online later.

Good luck with this journey!! I have just recently started again after hitting a bit of a road bump for a few months.... We can do this!
  • magazinegirl
    Options
    one day at a time girl! you can do it!
  • oukils
    Options
    Thanks...so far this site has really helped me stay on track. I actually love it more than facebook lol
  • oukils
    Options
    and why hasn't my ticker updated yet?
  • meggwtw
    meggwtw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Your ticker will update itself when you do your weigh ins. It does it automatically.
  • oukils
    Options
    I weighed in this am and lost....no update yet
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    You can do this!

Feel free to add me. I don't have kids, but sometimes I feel like my sister's kids are mine
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Thanks...so far this site has really helped me stay on track. I actually love it more than facebook lol

^^ I second this. I don't even know when the last time I went of FB was
  • sugar66
    Options
    Keep going it works, check your starting weight that you put in as it will only update if you have lost a full pound,

I have managed to lose more than 77lb although it says less, this is due to putting weight on after joining due to ill health, after recovering i was straight back to MFP after christmas 2011 and have lost this weight through managing my food intake as I am disabled exercise is difficult.

It will take time to get there, but as with everything taking small steps over time leads to great distance travelled.

Good luck and remember nothing worth gaining is ever easy.:happy:
  • wesmith2
    wesmith2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Any ladies feel free to add me! My diary is open and I need encouragement and enjoy encouraging others! Best of wishes to you!
  • slwells1983
    slwells1983 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! I have been struggling with my weight for 10 + years now and I just realized that I need to change or I won't be able to live the life that I want. Some motivational tips:
    - On you tube look up "Losing it with Jillian Michaels" - she is a great motivator and has changed many lives.
    - Realize that you are never at your full potential and keep going!

Also Beachbody.com is a great place to get workout DVD's. I am doing P90 right now mixed with Jillian Michaels and I have lost 9 pounds in one week!!!

Keep at it - I know it is hard, but it is not a diet its a lifestyle change!
  • angserino
    Options
    Trust me...if I can do it, anyone can do it! I just started taking care of myself and working out about four weeks ago. It is already paying off big time! Being on MFP helps too. Listing your food and exercise helps you to see exactly what you have done. It also helps to have support from others cheering you on. Sometimes I just have to text a friend and have them to tell me that I can go to the gym, I will be glad I did afterwards and he reminds me of how far I have come.

One step at a time. Good luck! You can do it! We can all do it together!