P90X and C-Sections

Options
Question for anyone who is doing the program after a c-section.

Mine was back in October, so I am totally healed. However, when I do certain ab exercises I feel the muscles around my scar getting pulled and its definately uncomfortable. Is anyone else experiencing this? What do you do?

Replies

• bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing P90X yet, it's in my near future. But, I have had some experience that might help with your question. My second birth was an emergency c-section and at my post-op visit (8 weeks later) my doctor told me I was pregnant again. :noway: I was schedualed for a c-section when suddenly I went into labor 1 month early. The nurses and doctors were terrified when I went into labor. It was going to be natural and they couldn't stop it to prep me for a c-section. They said that everything wasn't healed yet and that I could tear everything open and bleed internally! Remeber, this is 10 and 1/2 months after my c-section. They watched every contraction closely holding their breath. They would not let me push what so ever!!! I had to WAIT until the baby came down the birth canal on it's own and was completely crownd before thay would let me push. 11 hours later I gave birth to my third child with 2 pushes. Needless to say, I gave natural birth 10 and 1/2 months after my c-section. They made me stay in the hospital for 3 days to monitor me. My baby was discharged before I was. I was fine, but I ended up with a hernia in my lower abs.

So with that being said, you might want to wait a few more months before starting P90X. Definately start something and move your way up to that program. I think your abs need some conditioning first with some light ab workouts then build up to P90X. I'm not a doctor, but I do have some experience in this matter. I hope my info helped. Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Jamie_Moy
    Jamie_Moy Posts: 40
    Options
    I heard the Slim in 6 workout is a great workout for women who have recently had a baby. And especially if you are going to try P90X, It's a good program to do before trying that program. It's a little less intense, but still shows good results, it's also a beachbody product.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I see that I posted this twice but I really appreciate your input!
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I would definitely caution P90X after a C-section, as it's no walk in the park after vaginal delivery, that's for sure. I did it after my 2nd and I had to wait until my son was 4 mos to start. I had trouble with Ab Ripper X, so if you are to start P90X, I would try and do a less advanced ab program to start.

I know one recommended Slim in 6, which is a great program to start with, as you could always work up towards P90X when 100% healed. Not worth sacrificing your healing process to get back to a rigerous program like P90X.

HOpe this helps. I've got more great info on Slim in 6, so send me a DM if interested.

Taryn