Hello

Options
I'm super excited to get started using myfitnesspal, though I am not sure about posting here. My friends who told me to try the app said they stay away from the boards because it's so vicious, so I hope that's not true.

Anyway, I'm looking to schluff off the last 5 pounds and I guess I've been doing it wrong. I was eating around 1300 calories and exercising (weights mostly, but some cardio too) five days a week, but when I registered it said I should eat 1200 instead. I wonder how big a difference the extra 100 calories will really make, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Replies

• eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The boards are awesome. Lots of great motivation and inspiration. Just stay away from the clowns. I have seen crap typed and I just ignore it. Sometimes I really want to respond but I just remind myself that this person is craving attention and I don't want to feed that whatever.

Get some great friends who are serious about changing their lives and it really makes a difference. When I feel the 'why bothers' coming on I read some of how others are doing successfully and it gets me moving. Have also gotten some great food ideas when I am wondering......what shall I eat?

This site was the best decision I have made this year. Sure at 56 the weight is NOT falling off like I fantasized it would, but its happening one day at a time.

Blessings,
    C
  • jb152498432156
    Options
    Thank you, I will remember that!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Forums are forums. There are the good and the bad and it's the internet..lol. But I have to ask something because I read something on your profile as I was about to friend you.

To be clear..you are 5'6...currently 112lbs...and you are looking to drop 5lbs.... O.o
  • jb152498432156
    Options
    To be clear..you are 5'6...currently 112lbs...and you are looking to drop 5lbs.... O.o
    That's what my trainer recommended to get to the goal BF%; although technically I think I'm only 5'5.5".
  • KMAltig
    KMAltig Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yep+