A little bit of a rant..

Options
I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting seriously sick of people complaining about not being able to lose weight... and then in the next breath talking about how they binged or went way over calories..... but its ok because blah blah blah. I just don't understand why they cant hook two and two together. I lost close to 200 pounds, so I know what its like to be big and love fattening foods. However, when I started to lose weight, I never binged and told myself it was okay. If you honestly want to lose weight, and want to make yourself healthier... STOP with the excuses! Enough is enough already! I am here to tell you that if you keep up with the excuses, you will get NOWHERE! have confidence in yourself! Tell yourself you CAN do it. If you binge... make a promise to yourself you will NEVER do it again. don't make it okay. You need to get yourself out of that way of thinking. How I think is - eat healthy, think healthy, BE healthy. just quit making excuses!

That is all.

Replies

• starvinkevin
    Options
    Hah... on the opposite end is people who lose weight easily and brag about how they cheat all the time...
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Brace yourself for for the trolls and thin skinned comments. Rants never end well.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Im with the OP. Excuses accompanied with whining is infuriating.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. There's only one reason that you can't lose weight and that's eating too much. The last few pounds may be hard but if you're 100 lbs overweight you can lose. It isn't your slow metabolism, starvation mode, your genetics, the disease of the week or any of the other excuses.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    It's in people's nature to be full of excuses. Excuses are because we are scared to change. To lose weight you have to change most aspects of your life, and a lot of people, even though they are miserable how they are, don't want to change because they are scared that the end result won't make them any happier. You have to take chances to live a better life.

The things that annoys me is how SO many people feel they need support to lose weight. Like they need cheerleaders or something. Motivation to change something about yourself HAS to come from with in you. No one else can motivation you to want to get fit/thin/healthy etc. I lost 40+ pounds single, lived alone and had no one else in my life that was "on the journey" with me. Sometimes as an adult you just have to buck up and do it. And honestly I think it's easier to lose weight when it's just you. You don't have to think about anyone else's food, someone bringing you something you shouldn't eat, someone wanting you to skip the gym. It's easier to get what you need to done without someone else around...
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you guys find it so easy.

Watch the nose bleeds up there.
  • Mokey41
    Options
    Nobody said it was easy. It's not easy but making excuses doesn't make it easier or make it happen. When you're ready to stop making excuses then you'll be ready to lose weight and maintain it.
  • SomebodyStopMe
    Options
    Nobody said it was easy. It's not easy but making excuses doesn't make it easier or make it happen. When you're ready to stop making excuses then you'll be ready to lose weight and maintain it.

exactly!!!!
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    ACtually losing weight IS easy - it's the impatience that gets most people.
  • neverstray
    Options
    Wow! Why are you even here? If you're so awsome, you should just be out there losing weight and fluttering about the city in your thin skin and awesomeness.

Oh, I see. This is a thread to put everyone down in order to lift yourselves up.

Got it.
  • StephG1130
    StephG1130 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow! Why are you even here? If you're so awsome, you should just be out there losing weight and fluttering about the city in your thin skin and awesomeness.

Oh, I see. This is a thread to put everyone down in order to lift yourselves up.

Got it.

Apparently this person has trouble reading. The OP didnt put anyone down, they simply said they hate reading about how people "cant lose" yet the post about it being okay when they binge.

I binge...I also dont lose as quickly as I could if I didnt. The OP isnt putting me down for binge eating, they are just saying they dont want to see me whine about my lack of weight loss because I binge eat. Totally understandable. I cant stand people whining either.
  • neverstray
    Options

Got it.

Woah Woah Woah.. someone has their cranky pants on. Never did I ever say I was better than anyone.. nobody has. What we are simply saying is to lose weight, you have to get out of your mindset. I messed up, I struggled, I've been right where you are. But you need to think positively about things.. tell yourself "I don't need these chips, cookies, etc. I can do this" instead of being like ok, I can have this entire box of cookies, its ok this once." All we are saying is u will get nowhere with the excuses. And if you think otherwise then ok. But you'll see in a month or so of seeing no results that I'm right.

This is a place for support, and I get tired of seeing this kind of crap. Everyone falls off the wagon. You have people here with serious food issues. It's not just a matter of "stop eating". If it was, they would. Got it?

Back off. Man, this thread is pathetic.

A little support, love, understanding, and empathy will get you way further in life than self-ritiousness.

Cheers.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Im with the OP. Excuses accompanied with whining is infuriating.

Yeppers!
  • Mokey41
    Options
    I'll totally support someone's journey but I won't support excuses which is different than owning your mistakes. There's a huge difference between whining that you can't lose because you have kids, a BF, unsupportive family, a desk job, etc, than saying you struggle with making good choices or just plain messed up. Own your life and your mistakes!

If there's a "but" in your sentence you're probably making an excuse.
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options

Got it.

Woah Woah Woah.. someone has their cranky pants on. Never did I ever say I was better than anyone.. nobody has. What we are simply saying is to lose weight, you have to get out of your mindset. I messed up, I struggled, I've been right where you are. But you need to think positively about things.. tell yourself "I don't need these chips, cookies, etc. I can do this" instead of being like ok, I can have this entire box of cookies, its ok this once." All we are saying is u will get nowhere with the excuses. And if you think otherwise then ok. But you'll see in a month or so of seeing no results that I'm right.

This is a place for support, and I get tired of seeing this kind of crap. Everyone falls off the wagon. You have people here with serious food issues. It's not just a matter of "stop eating". If it was, they would. Got it?

Back off. Man, this thread is pathetic.

A little support, love, understanding, and empathy will get you way further in life than self-ritiousness.

Cheers.

The "people here with serious food issues" need a therapist not MFP social forums.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting seriously sick of people complaining about not being able to lose weight... and then in the next breath talking about how they binged or went way over calories..... but its ok because blah blah blah.
    4110_original_dealwithitneti.gif
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    Thank you! Most people don't want to be fat. If it was so easy, no one would be fat. "Don't judge others because they sin differently than you do".
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    Abandon-Thread-jack-sparrow.gif