Needs motivation and support

Options
Hello I have been on here for about 3 months now maybe and doing pretty good for the most part. however, I over did it and pulled a muscle in my knee. Now since than I have not been able to do what i want, and I am finding excusses or I am tired and just dont..In my mind I want to exercise and do it, I just feel like sometimes its too much!! UGH and I feel i am loosing my motivation. I am afraid one day i may give up and quit once again..oh ya this is my second time around to try and do this site and looisng weight. I want to loose it by next summer for sure but was hoping by May that I wanted to loose it. I have about 80 to loose..So i am looking for support, motivating, good friends, good recipes, So feel free to add me if you like. :smile:

Replies

• butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm trying to get back at it too. I was posting recipes that I found that were healthy too, hoping to start that back up again soon.
  • juliabrancato
    Options
    I social medias a huge inspiration. If you have facebook or twitter follow fitness accounts that keep you posted with motivation quotes and pictures. If you're not on a social media, try posting pics around your room or work space. Write a few goals down so they seem more real to you. I know it sounds like a stupid little deed but they make all the difference believe me.
  • fortiesgal
    Options
    Modify exercises to be gentle, but keep moving. As long as you're exercising you will get results in a good way.
  • binky757
    Options
    l been up here for two or three days and i have gone over my calories ALL WEEK and it doesnt even feel like i ate that much smh lord please me i want this weight gone !
  • binky757
    Options
    i understd it feels like im losing mine also what can we do ???????????
  • outdrsmom
    Options
    @ Julia I don't think its dumb to put signs around the house or your room to help keep you thinking and re-enforcement..
    @ fortiesgal I know doing some sort of exercise has to be better than NO exercise at all right? Cause it shows at least your trying to do something rather than nothing..

I know when I used my treadmill last night I felt pretty good about using it...However, i heard from my physical theraphist that you should alternate exercising what do you think? She saide that way your not over doing it like I did, and your giving your muscles some rest.

i think if we can all help keep each other motivated by keeping postitive and encouragement that should help I would think even pep talks..
  • lotusspark
    Options
    Add me. :)
  • outdrsmom
    Options
    Just did!
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I hear ya about the motivation. Feel free to add me too!!!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I started my MFP journey last December, and broke my ankle in January playing roller derby. I was in a boot for 10 weeks, and it was really daunting. I just had to be extra careful with my food intake. I was really upset about it, but I kept going, you just have to try to remember you WILL be able to be active again soon.