Calories from exercise?

Options
Is it better to stick to your original calorie goal for the day or should you also factor in the additional (and eat) calories earned from exercise? HELP! I don't know why I feel so guilty going over my original number.

Replies

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I set my goals to maintain my weight, and I entered in that I was sedentary. Whenever I exercise, it adds more calories to my *total daily burn*

I eat back enough and leave 500-1,000 remaining. If I am going under the calories I need to maintain, then I will lose weight.

answer:

MFP already calculated your deficit, when you exercise you make the deficit larger. You're allowed to eat back exercise calorie points. Feeling guilty won't help . Tell yourself it's okay.

Good luck!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

MFP already calculated your deficit, when you exercise you make the deficit larger. You're allowed to eat back exercise calorie points. Feeling guilty won't help . Tell yourself it's okay.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Aye, MFP calculates goals based on NO exercise at all.

So, when you exercise, you're able to eat more.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    the issue at hen dis the guilt. That is the biggest thing to overcome. Don't feel guilty about anything, just keep at it and you'll do fine!
  • DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    what everyone else said
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i eat back my calories, at least some... if I'm hungry I eat