Fell of track due to pregnancy

Options
I was doing well. I lost 9 lbs of my 25lb goal, then I found out i was 5 weeks pregnant. I have since lost the babies at 7 weeks and have gained back 5 lbs. Due to depression i have just eaten anything near my hand. I now want to get back on track and move foward so that my little girl can see mommy being healthy but every time I look down and see my swollen belly I want to curl up and have a milk shake and fries.

Anyone had a set back but is back on track? Physically I am ready to start my routine and eating right, mentally I am lagging.

Replies

• greenie83
    greenie83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for ur loss.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. You have a tough loss to greive and recover from, getting back on track will give you one less thing to stress over. Sorry for your loss.
  • Jamdrgn
    Jamdrgn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your sympathies.

I think feeling healthy and seeing changes will boost me mentally its just taking that first step that seems like walking off a cliff.
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Take the time to mourn your loss and maybe try with some exercise first. That might be easier than restricting your foods to start with.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • amandaxay
    amandaxay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know what u mean I lost my baby at birth. I knew she was going to die I gained100 during that pregnancy
  • afarrow78
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I do understand. My first baby died shortly after birth. I am an emotional eater to begin with. Do not give up.
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I would suggest small steps - when you feel that comfort eating creeping, head for the fruit bowl, some frozen yogurt instead of ice cream, or make a fruit smoothie instead of milkshake.

It's all small steps until you get back into the right place for weight loss. It's going to take time, and it will be hard, but until you have mourned and went through the phases of grief, it's best not to push yourself or become solely focused on weight loss as form of escapism/pushing your feelings to the side. Mourning and grief is natural and so is the process.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am so, so sorry about what you are going through. Do not push yourself too hard or feel bad or beat yourself up about your appearance or fitness. You are a wonderful, beautiful person. Work on finding happiness/peace, and the physical fitness will come automatically from that. I understand.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I also agree with others about the small steps. I started just walking with friends. It grew and grew into enjoying other forms of fitness and nutrition and harder workouts, but it started with something manageable for me for that time.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    **hugs** I am sorry that can't be easy for anyone. But I agree with some other posters, what if you started with exercise first? Then when you really get into the hang of that try dealing with the eating. Sometimes that can really help!