40lbs Lost with Pic

Options
mgobluetx12
mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
I started logging my food and working out in July and have lost 40lbs so far. I usually net 1200-1400 and work out 4-5 times a week. It's been tough and I've already struggled through a plateau for almost the entire month of September where I lost only 2lbs. I'm only just half way to my goal, so expect to see more of me on this topic! Anyone who is struggling and needs encouragement, feel free to add me as a friend.

I went from 285 to 245 (as of this morning) and from a tight 24 to a loose 20. I've totally changed my way of thinking about eating and exercising and I know I won't have trouble keeping this weight off. I am so happy to have found this site and thank all my friends and other who have provided advice and encouragement.

BeforeAfter40lbs.jpg

Replies

• DaphneAtx
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Great job.
  • sewmushfun
    sewmushfun Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    Congrats on the fantastic loss!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    awesome job. Keep up the good work.
  • Swede04
    Options
    Your face looks so much thinner! Great work!
  • fusion777
    Options
    You look great!!! I can't wait til I can fit into my 20s; you give me hope! Ty for the inspiring post!
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Great job.

What does your 2nd shirt say, though? Bunghole Football? *kitten* Football? :embarassed:

BeforeAfter40lbs.jpg
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I started logging my food and working out in July and have lost 40lbs so far. I usually net 1200-1400 and work out 4-5 times a week. It's been tough and I've already struggled through a plateau for almost the entire month of September where I lost only 2lbs. I'm only just half way to my goal, so expect to see more of me on this topic! Anyone who is struggling and needs encouragement, feel free to add me as a friend.

I went from 285 to 245 (as of this morning) and from a tight 24 to a loose 20. I've totally changed my way of thinking about eating and exercising and I know I won't have trouble keeping this weight off. I am so happy to have found this site and thank all my friends and other who have provided advice and encouragement.

BeforeAfter40lbs.jpg

awesome way to go you look great!
  • namnohtaram
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!!! ...

How did you cope with hunger? I tend to get hungry and reach for foods that are high in sugar, salt etc ... they are just easier to get at ...

Also I don't have time to exercise ... was hoping just to lose by diet .... what foods do you recommend that are easy to get?
  • ddt411
    ddt411 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO! :)
  • marooned
    marooned Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great work...you look great:smile:
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! Congrats on your weightloss and your new healthy lifestyle..
    Oh Yea,
    GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mgobluetx12
    Options
    Great job.

What does your 2nd shirt say, though? Bunghole Football? *kitten* Football? :embarassed:

BeforeAfter40lbs.jpg

LOL it says Big House Football. Michigan's stadium is called The Big House because it's the biggest college stadium in the US and can hold about 110,00 people. Also, they haven't had a game with under 100K in attendance since 1975.
  • mgobluetx12
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!!! ...

How did you cope with hunger? I tend to get hungry and reach for foods that are high in sugar, salt etc ... they are just easier to get at ...

Also I don't have time to exercise ... was hoping just to lose by diet .... what foods do you recommend that are easy to get?

To answer your question, I never deal with hunger. I eat about 90% unprocessed food, so my net of 1200-1400 calories goes a long way. My diary is open to the public if you want to check it out.

I would recommend making time to exercise. I lost 100lbs before and didn't exercise and it took me a LOT longer to drop sizes. I know you don't need it, but it really speeds things up. Get up 30 mins earlier or go to bed 30 mins later and take a walk.

I highly recommend eating at least 30% protein. I've been doing 40% carbs/30% protein/30% fat and this has really worked for me. Protein keeps you fuller longer and more protein leads to fewer insulin spikes and therefore fewer cravings. Try it! Let me know if you need any more help.
  • TwentyTreize
    Options
    Fantastic job!!
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I love your newest pic, you look so proud, as you should be!
  • CasablancasTX
    Options
    Wonderful progress. Definitely sending a friend request. You're inspiring!
  • danner13
    danner13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Go Blue :smile:
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!!! You can really see it--even in your face!!

So glad to be on this journey with you!! Big CONGRATS to you with a HIGH FIVE!!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    woo woop way to go you xxxx :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!