The Scale Don't Know Sh**

Options
So I started on MFP 11 months ago. At the time I was starting a Biggest Loser competition at work. I got my body fat percentage tested and it was 43.2% and I weighed 201 lbs. Over the year I have done really good (got down to 188 lbs) then went through a rough divorce and gained it all back. I've slowly started to lose it again, but I can definitely tell I have toned up quite a bit. I don't know what my body fat percentage is at now, but I will be starting Biggest Loser for a second time this coming January and I'll get retested. I am pretty excited to see the results/difference. I'm currently at 194 lbs. Long story short.....7 lbs lost...but look at the difference. The numbers on the scale are meaning less and less to me. And I don't mind that.

PhotoGrid_1354930457980.jpg
PhotoGrid_1354930291499.jpg

Replies

• ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see a change! Keep it up! Are you doing weight training?
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That's really great, you can see the biggest difference in your stomach - which is my problem area too. We have very very similar body types!

I started at 220 and I'm at about 159 now, add me if you want!
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    WORD.I rarely use my scale either now. Anyway, you look great,definitely shows you are working so hard!! Best to you!
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Same things happening to me. Im "down" 9 pounds but you can tell BIG time. More inches than pounds. Im starting to think my scale is broken.
  • xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I have been getting discouraged as of late working consistently for over a month now. I keep forgetting that the scale only tells one part of the story. I wish you continued success with your workouts :)
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've mostly been doing cardio. Running mostly. Elliptical every now and then. I have been doing 30 Day Shred off and on for the past couple weeks...I am HORRIBLE at sticking with one thing...aside from running. Love it.
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My body is just like yours. I to have been doing 30ds and I can see a big difference in how my body looks. I have lost some weight, but mostly inches. Good luck, add me if you would like.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Yeah...f the scale. ESPECIALLY in your case. You look like you lost 20-30lbs
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    u r looking awesome babe!!!!!!!!! keep it up!
  • jereneyz
    jereneyz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I didn't know the scale was so..... inaccurate! You look like you've lost so much! Keep up the good work :)
  • MindfulVegana
    MindfulVegana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow major difference I would of thought way more great job girl keep it up!!!!????????
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!