how many calories?

Options
I'm confused and was hoping for some help. Myfitnesspal states my BMR is 1046. I am 37 yrs, female, 4'9" and 114 lbs. I am doing JM videos about 45 min/day 5days/wk. How many calories should I eat to acheive 1lb/wk loss? Currently I am taking in 1250-1300.

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're eating enough.

I calculate your BMR as somewhere around 1200.

If you're working out 5x per week then your TDEE (Total daily energy expenditure) could be somewhere as high as 1900 cals.

Knock a sensible 20% off that and I'd say a sensible number for you to eat would be 1500 cals per day.

That's just a ballpark number, everyone is different. Try it for a month, then weigh in an see if you've lost, adjust cals up (if you're losing too fast) or down (if too slow) accordingly.
  • lookgreatfast
    lookgreatfast Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks..that helps.
  • intoscrapping
    intoscrapping Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was only able to start losing weight when I dropped my caloric intake to 1200 calories. I'm 4'9" like you and 38 years old. It took me 16 weeks to lose 16#. Of course, we may have different metabolism levels so you could experiment one week at a time with different caloric amounts. I found that upping my water intake has helped ... 10-14 8 oz cups per day. Good luck sweetie and keep me posted!