What can you make with overripe bananas?

Options

Replies

• kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    :DD Thank you everyone <3

They are a bit mushy. SO far i think I'm gonna do this:
    Choco/Banana muffins
    Bread
    Frozen

I think I have 4 bananas so I'll make a pancake, too (:
    You need two bananas per loaf of banana bread.
    Well nevermind then. No pancakes.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I like having overripe bananas because I adore banana bread and like having an excuse to make it.

A couple weeks ago I made this coconut banana bread. One-eight of the recipe, or a generous slice, comes to 372 calories. Pair it with coffee in the morning for a delicious and filling breakfast:

http://orangette.blogspot.de/2007/02/i-really-really-shouldnt.html

It uses three large bananas. I would do something with the fourth one now-- either freeze it, or blend into a smoothie, or mash up and mix into yogurt-- and make the banana coconut bread with the rest.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I have like 4 overripe bananas. The kind with the brown speckles on them. Do I just throw them away or are their low calories recipes I can make with them?

this is when they are THE BEST! Sweet not chalky tasting. delicious all by themselves. you can also make banana pancakes with them.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Reese PB Banana Bread
    3 very ripe bananas, mashed
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1/4 cup Canola or Vegetable oil
    1 egg
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    8 oz bag of Reese’s Mini cups

How to Make

Preheat oven to 350
    Grease your loaf pan (I used an 8 x 4 pan) with butter or shortening.
    In a medium bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
    In a large bowl stir together your bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg and sugars.
    Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy. DO NOT OVER-STIR.
    Fold in your Reese’s Mini cups and spread batter into prepared pan.
    Bake for approx 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
    Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Peel and freeze them and use them in smoothies.

This!!
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If they have brown spots, but they are not mushy, they are not over ripe, they are perfectly ripe. If they are solid yellow, they are not ripe yet.

this

Ditto! I usually freeze them when they actually do become overripe until I have enough to make banana bread (my recipe calls for 6). I did make those 2 ingrdient cookies listed above the other night - very good.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    banana pancakes!
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Just add bacon, bacon fixes everything
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Glad I read this thread. I threw away some mushy bananas the other day, didn't even thing to freeze them. Thanks for the ideas :)
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I peel them, put them on a cookie sheet, freeze them, store in ziplock bags... SMOOTHIES!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    oatmeal protein cookies (with just oatmeal, bananas, applesauce and protein powder)....
    baked banana oatmeal
    banana 'bread' with protein powder and almond flour or coocnut flour (low carb)
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I chop or mash them up depending on how soft they are and add them to my oatmeal with flaxseed and cinnamon. Taste like banana bread oats :) Mmmmm
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Ba-nay-nay schmam-cakes.

There's like this portein pancake you can make. Make it with mashed up bananas, protein powder, and egg whites.
  • howieholvick
    howieholvick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Banana bread
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You can peel them & freeze them. Perfect for recipes or smoothies at a later time!
  • bootygone
    Options
    I just made banana muffins, 162 cals, 24g carbs 6g fat 2g protein, delish :drinker:
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    http://domowefrykasy.blogspot.com/2012/06/dietetyczne-bananowe-ciasteczka-bez.html

These were pretty good. Page is in Polish, but Google Translate is your friend...
  • zangrace
    Options
    Peel them, wrap them individually in waxed paper and place all in a zip lock bag and place on the freezer. They r great to add to smoothies made with whey protein. Be sure to get on low in fat and carbs, Add spices, vanilla, me berries along with the bananas. Taste great and sticks with you for hours.
  • scooterman84
    Options
    one hell of a mess in mario cart