depression

Options
hi I'm really emotional right now. I want this weight off so bad but everytime i say okay I'm going to stick to this my mental takes over and I'm back at being confuse even more. I'm join the group on here remain nameless and i just can't grasp thier concept of how to lose this weight. Then i feel bad for giving up on the group. Then i get emotional and indulge. i really want to stop this emotional rollercoaster but don't know how to get my mind to cooperate with me. someone please help me understand what's going on with me.

Replies

• TwelveTwentyOne
    TwelveTwentyOne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should see your Dr.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I think it's very hard to lose weight when you're depressed. As you said, there is a terrible cycle that kicks in that's very hard to stop.

There is a lot of really valuable information on this site. I know that I have a real tendency to overthink things, so I had to pull it right back to focusing on calories. Eating well during the day, and adding exercise, even if it's just walking every day.

I would suggest logging your food the day before so you know what your meals will look like, this is really helpful for me.

And when I find myself getting depressed I try an AA trick - I act "as if". This means to act "as if" I'm not unhappy, "as if" I'm at my perfect weight. I know this sounds odd but it really works for me, and it allows me room to make better choices.

Good luck, feel free to send me a personal message if you need to.
  • LucyJane1213
    Options
    I concur. Please see your doctor to check for anything physiological that may be happening first. You may need medication to deal with the depression or anxiety. Take it from someone who has struggled with depression for many, many years. You also might benefit from talking things through with someone. Also: Set realistic goals. This is different for each person, so don't try to compare yourself with what other people are doing. It may be you need to start off very slowly: a 20 minute walk every day. Once you see the benefits of this: feeling better emotionally (and the thrill of being victorious) you may feel like increasing the length and/or intensity. Find at least one person you can buddy up with. Celebrate small wins. Forget about setbacks and just move forward. Don't dwell on failures, focus on successes. Good luck.
  • StephRenae32
    Options
    If I am looking at your weight loss reader, you have already lost 66 pounds! That in itself is a major accomplishment.

Secondly, the most difficult part of weight loss, it losing the "weights" in our minds. This weight loss journey will take determination and perseverance. If you can talk with someone do so, but at the end of the day you will have to make a conscious decision to not allow food to have control over you. How do I know this? I have struggle with making healthy food choices, but it is up to me to make the right decisions, and when I mess up, not to beat myself up, but get right back up, and keep pushing forward. I surround myself with positive people, and people who have conqueror the challenges that I face.

You can do it, hang in there!
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    thanks guys I've been mentally dealing with some issues such as divorce so yes i do need a therapist. Thank you for hearing me out guys i really appreciate it.
  • LucyJane1213
    Options
    If I am looking at your weight loss reader, you have already lost 66 pounds! That in itself is a major accomplishment.

Secondly, the most difficult part of weight loss, it losing the "weights" in our minds. This weight loss journey will take determination and perseverance. If you can talk with someone do so, but at the end of the day you will have to make a conscious decision to not allow food to have control over you. How do I know this? I have struggle with making healthy food choices, but it is up to me to make the right decisions, and when I mess up, not to beat myself up, but get right back up, and keep pushing forward. I surround myself with positive people, and people who have conqueror the challenges that I face.

You can do it, hang in there!
    Absolutely, StephRenae. Good catch, too,noticing that momwasix had already lost 60 LBS...60 LBs is a lot of weight to lose, momwasix! Like riding a bicycle...you fall down a few times.before you learn how to keep your balance!
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    thanks guys I've been mentally dealing with some issues such as divorce so yes i do need a therapist. Thank you for hearing me out guys i really appreciate it.

You have a lot on your plate right now. Dealing with divorce is very painful. I have been there myself when I divorced my 1st husband. I also have clinical depression and soothed it with overeating which is one reason why I am so heavy today. I am more than happy to support you if you need a friend.

Look at your accomplishments! You lost 60 lbs! That's a lot of weight to lose. Kudos to you!
  • LucyJane1213
    Options
    Great new profile pic! Much better than the one yesterday!:smile:
  • LucyJane1213
    Options
    How's it going, Tina2Cats?