Approaching 30?

Options
Is anybody else approaching 30 and looking to leave your struggle with your weight in the past? Add me or search and join the group Fit by 30! for support in this transformation :)

Here is a little snipet about me, my profile is open as well :)
Despite my love of fitness and healthy food since I was a child, my coping with stress through binge eating has left me overweight for most of my adult life. I cant even put into words how much I am over this whole weight rollercoaster. There are a lot of things in my life that I can't control but the way I treat my body is not one of them. I will be 30 in about 10 months, I want to end my struggle with my weight and begin my 30s at a healthy weight for my height and gender. As long as I get and stay in that range I will consider this time a success! To do that I need to lose about 50lbs! I have my work cut out for me!

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    In 10 months you will do 50lbs easy. I'm 10 months into it today & I've lost 71lbs. Just eat right & exercise hard (well I do anyway). Great for you wanting to do it before you turn 30..... my goal was to do it before I turned 38.
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great group, have just joined! I turn 30 in September and started my journey at the beginning of this year to give myself plenty of time to reach my goals, I have lost the weight but need to improve body composition so still working on my goals and hope to be in the best shape of my life before I hit the big 3.0!!
  • tmariesX2shine
    Options
    Thanks, Im a big fan of setting healthy and reasonable goals.
  • tmariesX2shine
    Options
    Great group, have just joined! I turn 30 in September and started my journey at the beginning of this year to give myself plenty of time to reach my goals, I have lost the weight but need to improve body composition so still working on my goals and hope to be in the best shape of my life before I hit the big 3.0!!
    Awesome! My birthday is in September too, I hope we can support each other in reaching our goals.
  • mleparton
    Options
    I'll have to find that group! :) I will turn 30 in March and although I will not be at my goal weight yet, hopefully I will be a lot closer! Good luck to you....and feel free to add me for support!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be fit and healthy by the time I'm 30 since its suppose to get harder from there lol. But I'm also giving myself a 3 yr window in which to accomplish this goal :P
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I will be 30 on the 19th of this month yikes!!!! I started my journey in July and I've never been more fit or in better shape in my life!! Good luck!!
  • tmariesX2shine
    Options
    I will be 30 on the 19th of this month yikes!!!! I started my journey in July and I've never been more fit or in better shape in my life!! Good luck!!

well happy birthday :) 38lbs is amazing, feel free to join the group, someone who is actually getting it done is motivational!
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

well happy birthday :) 38lbs is amazing, feel free to join the group, someone who is actually getting it done is motivational!

Thank you so much, I definitely will!! :)
  • fattymc
    Options
    30 in 6 months, 36lbs to go! A great goal to work towards. Best get my butt on gear :)
  • Jesspappalardo
    Options
    I just turned 30 in March. I have lost over a 100 pounds so far and have another 12 to go before my wedding in May.
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Awesome! My birthday is in September too, I hope we can support each other in reaching our goals.

Sounds like a great plan to me, at least we have a reasonable amount of time to get there! What date in September are you?
  • tmariesX2shine
    Options

Sounds like a great plan to me, at least we have a reasonable amount of time to get there! What date in September are you?

September 8th
  • tmariesX2shine
    Options
    I'm excited! Even though getting older sucks in alot of ways. 30 is still young and we still have our whole lives ahead of us. I want to shock my friends by how freakin excited I will be on my birthday and I want to be more amazing in every way than I was in my 20s.
  • tmariesX2shine
    Options
    bump