new clothes!

Options
Anyone finding it hard to get over the fact that you've dropped a dress size??
I walk into the shop and still pick up larges to try in the fitting room, and actually need a small now! Not complaining about success, I'm thrilled! But I also miss some of my old clothes that are waaaay to big now :(

Replies

• Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 36, to a 34, to a 32 (inches) and now they don't fit me... yes, it's annoying but who doesn't love a bit of clothes shopping?!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I haven't dropped a size yet, although I can tell I'm only a few pounds away, and I know I'm going to miss being able to wear some of the clothes I have now when I lose the weight. However, I also saved a lot of the clothes from the different stages in my weight gain so I'm looking forward to being able to fit into a lot of those tops and dresses again! It's kind of a catch 22, but hey who doesn't love having a legitimate excuse to go shopping right?
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I had the opposite problem, I started a new job that involved a lot of travel and staying over in hotels with all my food and drink paid for. I went from being a UK 12 to being nearly a 16 in the space of about 2 years, and am now back to a 12 again. When I put on the weight I could not get used to being a larger size, nor could I work out if I needed a 12 or 14 at first, then a 14 or 16 towards the end.

Now I'm back to the size I was before I put on weight, so I can get back into some of my old clothes that I kept and I'm quite happy about that. On the downside, I really need new work trousers as the old ones are far too baggy - somehow I can't get very excited about buying trousers for work.
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i know this feelin oh too well! I acutally just went today and NEEDED jeans and pants cause all mine fall off me. Even my 'saving these till im skinnier' pants I never thought I would fit into. I used to be a size 16 and now after three years I tried on a size 3/4 and they FREAKIN FIT! I have never been that small and it freaked me out!! the last time I bought pants i was a size 10 and that was this last spring-ish. I am proud of myself and I by no means look unhealthy but it just freaks me the f out! where did i go? I used to look at people that small and think they looked TOO small. Now I am that size and I don't think I look to small. then I get all panicy and think that I see myself differently than others do... then I freak myself out more and take a moment and think, I should be proud not upset... just embrace it :)
  • fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yea i do that too! I look at people who are the same size as me now and I'm like 'wow, theyre so slim'....but I don't see myself as the same size even though i am! So weird, but yea I'm loving the new shopping experience now!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yes! Especially when I haven't shopped in that store before and I have to try and figure out what size I might be...not a bad problem to have though, I'm alright with it :)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know that feeling. I was a UK 22/24, and when I first dropped to a size 12, I would pick up clothes in the shops and think that they were far too small, and no way would they fit. I think our mental image of ourselves takes a little time catching up.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I went shopping today and realized I'd dropped from an Australian 8 (US 4) to an Australian 4 (US size 0) without even noticing it. It's actually quite problematic, because nearly all shops in Australia don't stock anything less than an 8. Very few shops stock size 6 and it came to my attention today that even those were too big. And nobody here stocks size 4 anywhere except for jeans - and I needed work clothes.

Been a rather frustrating day for clothes shopping to be honest. I came home empty handed.
  • littlemeowmaid
    littlemeowmaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I went shopping today and realized I'd dropped from an Australian 8 (US 4) to an Australian 4 (US size 0) without even noticing it. It's actually quite problematic, because nearly all shops in Australia don't stock anything less than an 8. Very few shops stock size 6 and it came to my attention today that even those were too big. And nobody here stocks size 4 anywhere except for jeans - and I needed work clothes.

Been a rather frustrating day for clothes shopping to be honest. I came home empty handed.

shop online? asos.com & boohoo.com have free shipping.
    Aus stores that have size 4 (us0) are supre, forever new, coco latte & those asian boutiques.
    (I'm not a size 4, I just shop alot.) :P