Intermediate fasting

Options
oops intermittent fasting hahaha

I am seriously considering this intermittent Fasting.
I was just curious if anyone has tried this .
I have been stuck at 126 for a month now and can't seem to budge at all. I'm trying to lose 15 pounds and I'm getting no where.
So frustrating!!! I work out for 60 min 6 days out of the week and burn anywhere from 600 to 900 calories. I'm always under my calories for the day.

Replies

• Madelinew22
    Options
    I am seriously considering this Intermediate Fasting.
    I was just curious if anyone has tried this .
    I have been stuck at 126 for a month now and can't seem to budge at all. I'm trying to lose 15 pounds and I'm getting no where.
    So frustrating!!! I work out for 60 min 6 days out of the week and burn anywhere from 600 to 900 calories. I'm always under my calories for the day.

i do it everyday. but not for weight loss purposes. i stop eating at 10pm and dont eat till 1 or 2pm 16hr fast sometimes 18. what is ur goal with doin this?
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It's intermittent fasting, not intermediate. ;-)

Anyway, along with a proper diet and proper exercise, it's worked great for me for cutting fat loss, but I doubt it's the only thing that needs to be fixed about your regimen. Sounds like too much cardio to me. I'd consider doing some good weight training with it as well.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    It's intermittent fasting, not intermediate. ;-)

Anyway, along with a proper diet and proper exercise, it's worked great for me for cutting fat loss, but I doubt it's the only thing that needs to be fixed about your regimen. Sounds like too much cardio to me. I'd consider doing some good weight training with it as well.

Haha, I agree! I've done this as well, it works pretty well as long as you're doing it right.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should lift weights and eat more.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

Absolutely!!! netting 300 calories? not good for weight loss
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Absolutely!!! netting 300 calories? not good for weight loss

REally not good for retaining lean mass either.

I IF 16/8!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    look into it, however i read something about how women don't benefit from the 8/16 window of eating due to a hormone difference.

but you need to start eating more and lifting weights before you start on IF.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    IF does not have any appreciable benefits from a weight loss perspective, assuming calories and macros remain constant.

Work out what your TDEE should be, take a 2 week diet break as you hormones are probably out of whack from eating such a low net, when you start back on a deficit, take a 20% cut off your TDEE. I would also suggest strength training if you are not already doing it.

Make sure you weigh/measure and accurately record everything you eat/drink.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    IF does not have any appreciable benefits from a weight loss perspective, assuming calories and macros remain constant.

Work out what your TDEE should be, take a 2 week diet break as you hormones are probably out of whack from eating such a low net, when you start back on a deficit, take a 20% cut off your TDEE. I would also suggest strength training if you are not already doing it.

To add to Saras post!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • flutterbug123
    flutterbug123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What should I be netting ?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What should I be netting ?

Your TDEE takes into account your exercise, so you set your intake to a static number. This works well if you are consistent in your workouts. If not, you should take the non-exercise TDEE and then eat some of your exercise calories back (I only say some as no method is totally accurate to predict your burn so you want to leave yourself some wiggle room).
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Not from a weight loss perspective, but arguably from a fat loss perspective.
  • 165ordietrying
    165ordietrying Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did it and it was amazing for weight loss. I followed Eat Stop Eat.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    but you need to start eating more and lifting weights before you start on IF.

you can start eating more, lifting and IF now

no reason to wait