Smoothie ideas?

Options
Hi everyone, new to the forum and keen to shift as much of my extra weight as possible before my wedding next November! I was reading a bit earlier and saw PB2 mentioned - sounds good to me so I have ordered some (I'm UK based so had to order it through Amazon), but would welcome some nice smoothie recipes that use it please. I haven't had smoothie for quite a while, and think I'm going to reintroduce myself - lower calorie would be beneficial, so if anybody has any ideas for me to try I'd be grateful!

Replies

• tigger3498
    Options
    My favorite is using the leftover coffee or flavored teas with some stevia drops and protein powder. Many times I add in PB2 or chocolate PB2, some dark cocoa and a splash of almond milk. A little avocado gives you some good fat and makes it smooth
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My smoothie this morning for breakfast was delicious: fat free Greek yoghurt, semi skimmed milk, frozen summer fruits (strawberries, raspberrys, cranberries, redcurrants etc) and a scoop of vanilla ice cream flavoured protein powder. Under 300 cals as well!
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    2 tsp of york peppermint pattie coffee creamer + anything else on the planet = Absolutly awsome dude!!!
  • amybooj
    amybooj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I made one this morning with one banana, 250ml almond milk, 100g low fat fromage frais and 100g spinach. Was really surprised how sweet it was with all the spinach in it!:smile:
  • Quasimodoh
    Quasimodoh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I put a load of Spinach in and you can barely taste it, this is my current favourite

1 small bag Spinach
    1 banana
    1 pot of Strawberries or Blueberries
    150g 0% Greek Yoghurt
    1 desert spoon peanut butter
    3 desert spoons Flaxseed
    200ml Semi Skimmed Milk
    1 teaspoon cinammon
    1 scoop Optimum nutrition 100 Whey (double chocolate)

This makes a large smoothies for me and my wife and it's a great start to the day, works out betweeen 450 and 550 cals but if you wanted less calories drop the Whey and cut the Flax and or PB down.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    -100g oats (or maltodextrin)
    -70g of whey
    -1 BIG tablespoon peanut butter (I prefer to eat it from jar LOL)
    -Berries or banana
    -Tablespoon of ground linseed to aid your digestive system
    -500ml water or milk

Blend, and drink. Nom. 800-1000 calories in a single drink! Reduce amounts for small calorie sizes.