Hi! I'm stuck.

Options
I joined back in the early Spring. I was doing quite well, until about a month ago. Since then I have lost my willpower/self control to the point of bingeing. So, I;ve lost 28 net lbs. and haven't been able to lose any more. I could use a friend to help me stay on course. I am a 58yr. old woman, a grandmother, and I have at least 30 more lbs. to lose.:smile:

Replies

• KMAltig
    KMAltig Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Keep going - I know what you mean about losing will power. I have done that a # of times. Are tracking your calories / fitness? I have typically gone back to my eating bad eating habits when I didn't want to workout anylonger. thinking where I am at was just fine, until I packed on an additional 20lbs over a few months. ACK.
    I just started MFP too, and hope that tracking my calories and building a social group can help. you logged in today, so that is a pretty good sign you are not ready to give up.

Dont ever give up...Good luck. do your next workout today, track your calories.
  • lgramling
    Options
    A partner in any weight loss effort is very helpful. I used to go to the gym with my sister and we kept each other on track. I now go to a different gym and find it very hard to make myself go on a consistant basis. I am turning 65 in a few weeks and also have another 30 pounds to go. If I can help you I would be happy to.
    lgramling
  • gailisd
    gailisd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keep going - I know what you mean about losing will power. I have done that a # of times. Are tracking your calories / fitness? I have typically gone back to my eating bad eating habits when I didn't want to workout anylonger. thinking where I am at was just fine, until I packed on an additional 20lbs over a few months. ACK.
    I just started MFP too, and hope that tracking my calories and building a social group can help. you logged in today, so that is a pretty good sign you are not ready to give up.

Dont ever give up...Good luck. do your next workout today, track your calories.

Thank you, for the encouraging words I appreciate it. I do need to start working out with my weights, again all I've been doing is walking which is good, but maybe not enough. Thanks, again. Good luck to you, also.
  • gailisd
    gailisd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A partner in any weight loss effort is very helpful. I used to go to the gym with my sister and we kept each other on track. I now go to a different gym and find it very hard to make myself go on a consistant basis. I am turning 65 in a few weeks and also have another 30 pounds to go. If I can help you I would be happy to.
    lgramling

Thank you, my sister and I used to report to each other (she lives in Wisc. I live in Mn.) how we did with our food plans and our exercise plans and I was doing quite well. But, she has decided to stop and since then I have not been doing well. So, you are right a partner is very helpful. Thanks, for answering my post.