Won't Budge!!!!

Options
I'm starting to get REALLY frustrated here!

I started working out and counting everything in the middle of January. By March I had lost 5 pounds, but then got sick. Following the sickness, I had a crazy week at work that wouldn't allow me to work out. Now, here I am a month later and I have only lost 1.5 pounds! So frustrating. I try to work out at least 4 times a week, eat my 1270 calories a day, and walk as much as possible throughout the day. What gives??? I'm trying to loose at least 10-15 more pounds by June and at this point it seems hopeless. Any advice for someone ready to scream?

Replies

• cindyss
    cindyss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am not an expert or anything, but it could be a combo of not enough calories (nutrition) for the amount you are burning with exercise, sometimes just changing up what and when you eat can change up your metabolism and kick start things..Also measure yourself and look at inches lost and not just pounds lost. Don't give up........
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your excersize calories? (or is your goal set for sedentary life style, when it sounds like you're anything but?)

You may not be eating enough.
  • thisemmabites
    Options
    Eat more food! :)
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I normally eat about half of my exercise calories back, but sometimes I don't because I want to save those for the weekend. I don't go crazy on weekends, but if I can spare a few for group activities I will. Am I going about this all wrong?

I also drink whey protein after working out. Could this be hurting me? I normally do about 30 minutes of circuit training as my exercise of choice.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Try eating your exercise calories and only allow yourself one cheat meal a week. Do not drink alcohol or eat sugar at all. Make sure you're getting all of your water in on a daily basis. Stick with it. Sometimes it takes awhile for our bodies to realize we're actually serious about losing weight.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Also, make sure you're getting enough sleep. Lack of sleep does cause water retention for some reason.
  • mabella17
    mabella17 Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm starting to get REALLY frustrated here!

I started working out and counting everything in the middle of January. By March I had lost 5 pounds, but then got sick. Following the sickness, I had a crazy week at work that wouldn't allow me to work out. Now, here I am a month later and I have only lost 1.5 pounds! So frustrating. I try to work out at least 4 times a week, eat my 1270 calories a day, and walk as much as possible throughout the day. What gives??? I'm trying to loose at least 10-15 more pounds by June and at this point it seems hopeless. Any advice for someone ready to scream?
    I am having the same problem!!! I was on the biggest loser website before this and lost a little over 30lbs, and now I can NOT lose ANYTHING!!!! I am 5'11 currently around 167, I am trying to get down to 155. I've been on this website for probably close to a year and have actually gained a couple pounds back. I've tried lowering my calories, bumping them up .. still NOTHING!!! I thought before maybe I wasnt eating enough. I work out 5-6 times a week burning anywhere from 300-600. I still don't know if I should be eating all my excerise calories. For example if I ate them all today I would be around 1760 when I usually try to stay around 1200. I'm frustrated with ya!!! :explode:
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't hold your calories over for the weekend. What might be happening is that your metabolism is slowing down because your calories are too low all week, and then when the weekend hits you're feeding excess calories to a slow metabolism. It doesn't really work out so well.
  • KajunDC
    KajunDC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try calorie cycling, i.e. 3-5 days at a lower calorie range followed by 1-2 days at a higher calorie range. This can help break plateaus.

Also try changing up the times of day you eat. Don't eat any closer than 2 hours before going to sleep at night. 3+ if it is a larger meal.
  • mabella17
    mabella17 Posts: 93
    Options
    bsoxluvr I don't know if you have tried this .... but I have, and it feels like I've tried damn near everything :frown:
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the advice. Hopefully something kicks in soon :sad: