Another newbie here from Ontario Canada

Options
merguson
merguson Posts: 281 Member
Just wanted to introduce myself quickly. My name is Jen, I'm 37 (feeling old now) and I'm not quite happy at ny current weight of 172. I'm happily married for over 10 years and I'm a mother of 2 wonderful children dd is 9 and ds is 4.
I've just started Jillian Michaels' 30 shred and I'm loving it so far. My current goals are to watch what I eat better and to drink more water and keep up doing the shred till day 30! I'm really not a big poster in message boards but these boards seem so friendly and supportive!

Replies

• Chrystala
    Chrystala Posts: 11
    Options
    :wink: Yay Jen!

At least you got the ball rolling and what a GREAT example to set for your kids.
  • Chrystala
    Chrystala Posts: 11
    Options
    :wink: Yay Jen!

At least you got the ball rolling and what a GREAT example to set for your kids.
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    Welcome Jen :happy: . I have a quick question what kind of exercises are on the Jillian Michael's 30 minute shred?
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • ldarter
    ldarter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jen! Yes, there are lots of nice and supportive people here and that really helps. Good luck with your goals!
  • merguson
    Options
    Thankyou for the welcomes!
    Welcome Jen :happy: . I have a quick question what kind of exercises are on the Jillian Michael's 30 minute shred?

It's actually titled The 30 Day Shred. Sorry I forgot to type the word "day" in my post. (oops!) I love it! Each work out is 20min plus a warm up and cool down.
    It consists of 3 Levels.

Each level consists of 3 circuts of:

*3 minutes of strength exercises
    *2 minutes of cardio
    *1 minute of abs.

I've only done Level 1 so far (haven't looked ahead to see whats in the other levels)

Strength includes

*push ups
    *squats
    *lunges
    *dumbell exercises

Cardio includes

*jumping jacks
    *jump rope (no rope needed)
    *butt kicks
    *punches

It was only $10 at Target
  • Newfunlander
    Newfunlander Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen,
    Your situation sounds almost exactly like mine. I am almost 37, feeling quite old and dreading the notion of turning 40 with all this extra weight ! I just started the 30 day Shred as well. Loving it too ! I hope you find this site as useful as I do . It truly has made all the difference for me . Wishing you lots of luck in meeting your goals ! :flowerforyou:
  • merguson
    Options
    Thankkykou Newfunlander! I'm loving the shred! (L1D7 completed this morning! Yay me!)) I love Jillian Michaels. I'm really enjoying MFP so far!
  • bjandlm
    bjandlm Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi Jen! Welcome to MFP, I am sure that you will find this an awesome site.
    Your from Ontario Canada, I remember all my fishing trips up to Helliar's resort
    on lake of the woods, it was always a fun time. I to recently joined MFP, and
    am having great success with it. I am from northern Wisconsin, but the fishing
    is nothing like in Ontario.:smile::flowerforyou:
  • Newfunlander
    Newfunlander Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen,
    Have you noticed any change with the 30 Day Shred? I am L2D8 and have not noticed any changes in weight at all. I found the first few workouts extremely challenging but each new workout seems a little less painful....lol. Jillian surely is kicking my butt into shape. I just would like that to show on my scale !....lol.

Pamela
  • merguson
    Options
    Hi Jen,
    Have you noticed any change with the 30 Day Shred? I am L2D8 and have not noticed any changes in weight at all. I found the first few workouts extremely challenging but each new workout seems a little less painful....lol. Jillian surely is kicking my butt into shape. I just would like that to show on my scale !....lol.

Pamela

Hi Pamela,
    I have just completed L1D10!!! I have lost apx 2 lbs and some inches. I start L2 tomorrow. It looks hard! Do want to add me as a friend so we can keep each other motiviated through this?