Bummed about the Arctic Dash today :-/

Earlier in the week my sister in law had to cancel because she is under doctor's orders to rest due to the flu. This morning my friend texted me and said her daughter is extremely sick and there is no one to watch her. So, now I can't decide if I want to drive the 45 minutes to this race and go it alone (I'd probably be miserable) or stay home, run 3 miles here and get some Christmas shopping done.

Replies

• oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Do the race!!
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    You should totally still do it!
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    To be honest, I'd probably want to ditch the race too depending on how much you paid for it. If you know you will still run the same amount of mileage at home..I think I'd save a few hours and just do that.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    do it
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    If you don't do it, you will spend the whole time you would have been taking part, regretting not taking part.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    There is something to be said about the great benefits of pushing thru and doing something you don't feel like doing.. Especially when it comes to exercise.

I'd love to see you go, and come back to say how glad you are you did!!!
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Yeah, still do it. You can always meet people and make a new friend or two.
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    I'd do the race. There will still be alot of people there and maybe you will make a new friend. My experience has been other runners are mostly friendly to other runners, even ones they don't know. Good luck !
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Do the race,
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Do the race. I always meet people when I race alone. I like it.
  • Do the race. You are in this journey alone. If you lose your support here on mfp or in real life are you going to let yourself regain the weight? No. You are going to maintain your fabulous loss! So go out there and stand on your own. Take pride in your strength to do it alone and have a great race! Do not let others bring you down. You've got this. Now go out and run run run!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    did you go? You should have found me there! It was amazing and incredible and terrifying and wet and every bone in my body hates me right now!!!!
  • jenjarvi
    jenjarvi Posts: 13 Member
    I hope you went. I had some friends there, but I so would have done it alone if necessary.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    I've done all my races alone. Why waste the money and experience? I hope you didn't give up and went!