I have a bad gym problem, I'm that guy...

Options

Replies

• gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You poor man....had to laugh, and I am glad that you don't go to my gym! Good luck!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Take a dump before you workout?

this
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Stop going to gym.
  • Amplifiedx11
    Amplifiedx11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bring a dog -> blame it on him
  • mistertug
    Options
    Look at the list of possible causes, and change one small thing at a time, see how your body reacts each time, until you stop farting.

Or go to a yoga class where you'll be surrounded by people farting constantly.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    There a lot of ladies in my Pilates and Yoga classes with the same problem. Hard to keep a straight face when you hear "their machine gun noises" when we are doing a "happy baby" or a "downward dog" movement.

Most of us skip the deep breathing exercises when that happens.:blushing:
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Noisy fart= trapped air in your intestines from eating/drinking fast, talking a lot.
    Stinky fart = food break down and & chemical reactions in your bowel.

Probably something in your diet. Greek yogurt can make people fart like a toxic waste dump, so I am willing to bet it is either dairy or protein related.

Take a look at the flat belly diet. It has a bloat cleanse that is all about calming your gi system. Maybe some of those techniques would work for you.
  • Latona38
    Latona38 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking a shake before you go? I used to be "tooty" until I realized I was lactose intolerant and the shakes I had before going to the gym were made with milk. That could be the problem =)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Just say, really loudly, "Phew, who farted? That is rude." Look over at the guy next to you and take a few steps away.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I may or may not have the same problem! Lmao! It's only when I'm on the treadmill, rarely during my strength workout. I read once that having gas is one way your body gets rid of the weight soooooooooooo I like to imagine that's what's happening. I do eat a lot of fiber and have no intentions of changing that. Better out than in (word to Shrek). When people look around, I look around too like, "Who is that!" I suggest you do that :)
  • CivicSi71
    CivicSi71 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Get a home gym and let them rip!.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    seriously.jpg
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I just synchronize it with when my feet hit the treadmill. It mutes out the sound. Then there is no way for anyone to know who did it.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    seriously.jpg

lmao x2
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Workout on an empty stomach. I've heard that helps promote fat-burning too. I hated it at first but actually prefer it now - you don't have all that food (and gas) sloshing around in your stomach.

BTW, I'd take you over the guy at my gym who is always smothered in cologne. Ugh.
  • hpsNcrvs
    Options
    Hahahaha..I thought you were gonna say that you are THAT guy, who's always dropping the dumbbells..or wearing church shoes to the gym..or sweating all over the treadmill or bench..but never wiping it down.

I laughed when I read you poot alot at the gym...lol, ok, now I feel better..thanks, I needed a good, hearty giggle after my evening on the forums :-)
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    Do you eat before bedtime ? food don't get digested well when sleeping and that can lead to gas. Usually carbs are the culprit so get your carbs before the workout and the protein after - make breakfast more on the carbs side and dinner on the protein side.
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good thing a lot of people wear earbuds/headphones at the gym. The gym I go to is constantly being fogged with air freshners... I think I rather smell farts than choke on strong air freshners LOL
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You said you have a high fiber diet- does that include fiber one bars? Or anything else with chicory root? Chicory root is like fart fuel. People often think fiber makes them fart, but often its just the damm chicory root.
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Probiotic with live cultures...can find in vitamin section or ask pharmacist