Hi, feel free to add me. Male, 41, married, 90+ lbs to lose

Options
After a recent doctor visit that was very sobering, I've decided to get my weight down to the recommended body mass index range it is supposed to be for my age, height, etc.

I assume it will take a year to achieve this through healthy diet and regular exercise. I used to lose 20-30 lbs quickly in my 20s and 30s but would soon gain it back and then some. So, slow and steady this go round.

Weight loss is something I can no longer "get around to" and welcome anyone else to friend me who is in the same boat.

I'm VERY happily married and my wife and I made a pact to lose weight together.

Replies

• sbozik123456789
    sbozik123456789 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    good for you, i am also married with two little ones running around and am on the journy of losing the baby weight. Feel free to add me for support.
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just added you. Both my husband and I are both in the process of losing about 50-60 each before we start our family next year.
  • gemgirlred
    gemgirlred Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I am married and have 59 pounds to lose from eating way to much with my last 2 pregnancies. I could probably stand to lose more but I would be happy just to be at a healthy bmi.
  • BiggMikeSurf
    BiggMikeSurf Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I need to lose 85lbs. I'm married, and soon to be a father for the first time. I want to really be there for my family, and have the energy its going to take to raise a kid, and be 'ACTIVE' and involved. Happy to give any support and accountability. Feel free to add me. Much success.
  • Annaduurai
    Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have close to 100 pounds to lose and I am 40 years old. Like you, I had a sobering Dr appointment 2 years ago where they diagnosed me diabetic. I have lost 45 pounds since then but am new to MFP. I need to get healthy so I can someday meet and see my grand kids graduate. (no grandchildren yet but you get the point) My kids are all out of the house now and while I am not married I am engaged and hope to look great in my dress when we tie the knot.