Extra Skin.........

Options
I was wondering if I lost a good amount of weight where does the extra skin go?? I am scared that I will have excess skin hanging....I've seen it before....How is it working out for you?? I just started about a month ago and I am still working out slowly so I haven't seen an increasingly change but when I do lose about 50 plus....I was scared that I might not look right....Anyone else??

Replies

• plaingirly
    Options
    I am scared about the saggy skin too!

Hopefully someone will be along with some advice!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have had 4 kids so I don't think mine will completely tighten up. It does look better 20lbs lighter though :)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    It will tighten up eventually...it will just take a while...unless you lose 200+ lbs. and then I think you pretty much require surgery.
  • thomakg
    thomakg Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different I think, but if you work out, lose weight at a sensible rate and keep your skin hydrated by drinking your water - then you have a much better result.
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    It will tighten up eventually...it will just take a while...unless you lose 200+ lbs. and then I think you pretty much require surgery.

Then there will be no more ME if I lose that much lol
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Maybe you will, maybe you won't. Nothing you can do about it. And there's no way of knowing until you get there. Not worth worrying about.
  • mairi33
    mairi33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i guess moisturising with some good cocoa butter moisturiser religiously every day may help too?
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    I have had 4 kids so I don't think mine will completely tighten up. It does look better 20lbs lighter though :)

I was preg last year gained 3 lbs and 6 months but I lost her :( at 24 weeks
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I lost almost 50 and i have the little flap of skin I HATE IT. What should I do ?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    drink water and do strength training.
  • prismblitz
    Options
    drink water and do strength training.

This!
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    Strength training? All I do is walk..is that good?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

here you go... http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • Poecile
    Poecile Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If I were to lose 200lbs I'd be dead! XD I'm trying to lose at least 100-105 lbs over a year, so I'm hoping a steady decrease will cause loose skin to tighten up on its own.

Also, COCOA BUTTER LOTION. My sister swears by Palmer's Cocoa Butter--the kind that pregnant women use for their stretch marks. I've been using it daily (or almost daily) since I started 2 weeks ago, and so far I am seeing a bit more firmness! :happy:
  • 1lexisva
    Options

here you go... http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Thank you!!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different I think, but if you work out, lose weight at a sensible rate and keep your skin hydrated by drinking your water - then you have a much better result.

Totally agree! You also make want to use cocoa butter or lotion to moisturize your skin.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I have had 5 kids and gained over 100 pounds and lost over 100 pounds each pregnancy. By all rights I should have skin that hangs to my knees, but skin is elastic and it returns to its original shape with weight training and hydration. Using lotion helps a lot and I love how it makes the skin get firmer but nothing but doing the right types of exercise, such as windsor pilates and 30 day shred ultimately will give you the results you want. Lost plenty of inches doing those. Also, walking helps a great deal, tighten your stomach while you walk and you build while you walk.

Good luck. I am working my way down to 160s again after the birth of my Son in March. So I still have a long way to go but you can see the progress in my portfolio pictures.
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    If I were to lose 200lbs I'd be dead! XD I'm trying to lose at least 100-105 lbs over a year, so I'm hoping a steady decrease will cause loose skin to tighten up on its own.

Also, COCOA BUTTER LOTION. My sister swears by Palmer's Cocoa Butter--the kind that pregnant women use for their stretch marks. I've been using it daily (or almost daily) since I started 2 weeks ago, and so far I am seeing a bit more firmness! :happy:

I Love the smell too so I might go out and get me some :)
  • ElleRose101
    ElleRose101 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I found that drinking lots of water, regular strength training, and toning/tightening lotions help.
  • jennalee1312
    Options
    This may be an off the beaten path one but my friend lost 100 pounds....and she used olive oil on her areas she worried about sagging..chest...tummy..and upper thighs....and she doesn't have even a bit of sagging skin...plus her stretch marks lightened in color and just didnt look as bad anymore...even though they were still there....

I've been constantly inspecting my skin as im losing...feeling it...pinching it lol trying to decide if it feels less tight...I drive myself crazy with it but I do use olive oil and pray a little lol