Wii Fit Question

Options
I have the Wii fit and i was wondering if anyone has notice a change in their abs when they do the JackKnife challenge and hula hoops challenge Im wondering if doing my Wii Fit if it will help me tone my stomach. What everyone think is better the Wii fit or regular crunches ????

Replies

• mbrownks77
    mbrownks77 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'd kinda like to know this myself! I have noticed my sides are sore after hoola hoop so maybe that means it's working?????
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I think Wii Fit is fun but I wouldn't rely on it for your main fitness. I find it a good indicator of how my fitness is improving as I get better scores, but I use My Fitness Coach as a primary Wii Fitness program.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I do Ellipitcal, Two dvd's ( biggest loser cardio and power sculpt but i was just wondering to really tone my abs what is the best workout.. My lower abs are so bad due to having three kids and i really want to do as many workouts i can to tone up
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Something I've discovered on my wii fit plus, If you have resistance bands you can do "hammer curls" and call it the Tricept extension and it still works. (just adding another muscle group to your workout)
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I use the Windsor Pilates Ab dvd. I do it every second day to give my stomach a rest in between because it really works. The good part is that it is only 18 min long lol. Definately worth it though. Since Feb I have lost 2.5 inches off my waist :smile:
  • heatherwilson86
    Options
    I use my Wii Fit daily ... and Ive lost almost 7 inches ... not very much weight though.
  • TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ya, but you can see inches... a number not so much. unless your standing on a scale or have a giant neon sign floating above your head with your weight on it.
  • CrazyAdventures
    CrazyAdventures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I lost inches and close to 15 lbs doing the Wii Fit alone in the first leg of my weight loss journey. Yes, you will notice a slimmer stomach doing the Hula Hoops (killer, isn't it!) Once you get more comfortable with the exercises (if you aren't already), try doing the 15-, 20- or 30-minute free run while watching your favorite shows and watch the weight melt off. Seriously. I still do free runs all the time.