Green Coffee Supplements?

Options
Hi,

Has anyone tried any of the green coffee supplements? They were once recommended on Dr. Oz, and I'm just curious if anyone has had a great amount of weight loss with them. I'm a stay at home mom with two little ones so I need a boost for energy, and a deterrence from eating. Please share your feedback on this or any recommended ones.

Replies

• wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    There are no magic supplements for fat loss. Green coffee is very over-hyped and overpriced IMO. Save money and just drink coffee, which is amazing.

The most effective and least dangerous (in terms of risk/reward ratio at least) thermogenic/appetite suppressant is still ye olde EC stack (ephedrine+caffeine), but appropriate dosage is very important, and abuse/addiction is a concern (as with any stimulants).
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Scam just like all the others. I got sucked in. Don't do it.
  • lifelover12
    lifelover12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Sounds absolutely disgusting. Black coffee is far better.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My stepmother tried them and I believe they worked. She lost weight. More people on here would be "open" to them if they weren't in pill form and were touted as a powder or something.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    If they worked....wouldn't everyone be using them, and there would be no obesity?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    My stepmother tried them and I believe they worked. She lost weight. More people on here would be "open" to them if they weren't in pill form and were touted as a powder or something.
    Many people here are smart enough to recognize ineffective weight loss scams and avoid them regardless of how they're packaged and/or what quack/snake oil salesman promotes them.
  • cherryrobot
    cherryrobot Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been using it along with diet and exercise and have found it to be effective in curbing appetite. It's not coffee or a drink, it's a pill. It's made from raw coffee beans whereas coffee is made from roasted beans. It is supposed to inhibit the release of glucose in the body and increase metabolic process. I think it's helpful for me.