Need some help / advice

Options
Sorry this isn't weight loss related (at least I don't think it is) but I could really do with some help.

The past few months, I've felt really on edge.. Scared, claustrophobic, fragile and extremely panicky. It seems to be getting worse every week, I'm getting to the point where it's reducing me to tears because I don't know what to do with myself. I'm not sure if this is related.. But the past few months have been really stressful for me, had a relationship come to an end and some family problems, etc.

Again, sorry this isn't related, and I don't expect any 'expert doctors advice' and I will be going to get it checked up... I just want some advice on who I should be seeing / what it could be / what I can maybe do to calm down.

Replies

• leska1216
    Options
    Take a deep breath, slowly let it out...... Repeat as many times as needed.

Exercise, will take your mind off things.

Be sure and see a doctor/therapist.

Take it easy, yesterday is over and there is no point on worrying about the future. Live in the present moment. You can do it.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    That's called "anxiety". Hopefully meditation and taking quiet breaks will help. Exercise, bible verses, whatever. If it doesn't, consider speaking with a therapist. That might give you a bit of a safe place to recuperate. If that doesn't help they may refer you to a psychiatrist for a prescription. If you have a family history, you might want to explore the lattermost option sooner than later to just save time and further aggravation.

But we do all have tough times, and anxiety can be the result.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Been there. Was dealing with a whole bunch of work/school/family stuff all at once and was starting to have anxiety attacks. Not full blown panic attacks but it was heading that way. See a therapist. It sounds like an anxiety disorder. A therapist will teach you how to cope in a healthy and may or may not refer you to a psychiatrist or psychologist. In the meantime, there's a book called the Anxiety and Phobia Workbook.
  • FawnAnnette
    Options
    Watch Hallmark Christmas movies this time of year. They are sappy and end with love. But...the stories show messy, complicated, scary and loving. Workplaces and marriages that makes one cry, rather than laugh. They show persons trying to understand themselves. Endings, breakings, shatterings, being lost, ending up having no plans at all, finding persons who can be friends, and opening up finally to finding love and supportive relationships.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies - Definitely going to see a therapist soon.

:flowerforyou:
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are going to see a therapist. Don't put it off. You may need to take some time off from your normal activities or even take medication. There is help out there.