NSV

Options
dogacreek
dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
I was cleaning out the closet again and came across a wool blazer from 25 years ago. It was an expensive jacket, so I never gave it away when I gained all my weight. I tried it on and it fits better than it did back then. It is a timeless classic cut, so I am wearing it tonight to a party with my blouse tucked in my jeans! :blushing: I haven't done that in years and years.

Replies

• Alairissa
    Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    awesome! keep it up.
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Tuck in that blouse and flaunt the new you! Have fun at the party!
  • FawnAnnette
    Options
    I cleaned out bags of clothes in storage. From twenty years ago. There was a wool blazer in size 16 that I don't fit. YET. I am a size 18 and am pushing down to get into this size with ease. Classic styles are great. It makes you feel so good to not have extra body weight to worry about carrying around. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I have a few pieces I have saved.. would need to lose at least another 20-30 to get into them or hell I just might go buy all new clothes.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    That is such an awesome NSV. Enjoy your party tonite.
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Awesome news :smile:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    today I pulled an XL suede jacket out of the closet that I haven't been able to fit for years. Couldn't quite button it up (yet), but I got it on.
  • enigmachik
    Options
    woohoo!
  • FawnAnnette
    Options
    The visual presence of smaller clothes that I used to wear, hanging in my closet is a motivator. I take them out and try to fit them on my body. Obviously, they don't fit, YET.
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This week I've started to wear a sweater I made 8 years ago in middle school. And it looks great! :)
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! Sometimes I think those are eve better than scale victories!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Had a great time and felt comfortable. It is a wonderful change to have "you're looking so good" compliments instead of "your hair looks nice" comments. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!