Bottomless pit day...

Options
I'm so hungry! Someone please check out my diary to tell me where how to fix this problem as I have it often. And yes, I know cheese curls are a crappy choice - I tend to make bad choices when I'm hungry and that's why I need to fix it.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating at this calorie goal and working out? Could just be that you have hungry days every so often - I do, and I figure it's just my body telling me it needs more fuel that day (after analyzing if I am actually hungry, or if it's just bored, mindless eating).

I was going to look at your protein intake, but that's one thing you're not tracking in your diary. :tongue: Getting plenty of protein each day makes a difference for me. Or it could just be that you're not eating enough, your calorie goal may be too low. What sort of workouts do you do and how often?

I used this topic to set my goals, and found that I needed to eat more - check it out and run your numbers through it and see if that's the case for you, it's very helpful: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm so hungry! Someone please check out my diary to tell me where how to fix this problem as I have it often. And yes, I know cheese curls are a crappy choice - I tend to make bad choices when I'm hungry and that's why I need to fix it.

First of all hahaha!! I looove your pic! Now i agree with what Amy said. I'm a bottomless pit sometimes but I notice that it depends. When I have those days it'll be because ate empty cals or its that time of month or your not eating enough. As you start to lose weight u have to up your cals just a bit. Get in a lot of protein rich foods, whole grains fruits veggies and plenty of water. I'm just telling you what works for me. When worst comes to worst and I see that Ive eaten my cals and done all i could my problem is usually a sweet tooth. I grab a Chocolate Special K, 2 tbsp of PB or a HUGE Apple and it knocks my sweet tooth right out. But that's what works for me.
  • Madelinew22
    Options
    well nut butters u could avoid if u no ur really hungry that day, or u could increase ur intake or workout, some days my total is well over 2000 cals
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    sugarfree jello seems to fill me up , although it's been a while since I had a bad "bottomless" pit day.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Try switching to rye bread in the morning. It keeps you feeling full longer.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Try eating more low sugar fruits and non starchy vegetables, fill yourself up with breakfast and lunch. Don';t keep junk/ processed stuff in the house, nobody needs to eat that. Are you deliberately eating a higher carb breakfast and a higher protein lunch? Any commercial bread made with finely ground wheat flour is high glycemic index so may cause the blood sugar to peak and trough, you might find you are confusing your system by not consistently supplying carbs/ consistently limiting carbs.
  • Wizard262
    Options
    Days like that when I'm hungry I eat 6oz of carrots, 3oz each cauliflower, radishes with some garlic hummus. If still hungry low carb. yogurt dipping a sliced Gala apple in it.
    After that always feel satisfied! 290 calories
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    IMO, you need more fat and protein - both are extremely satiating. Swap out your breakfast for some fried eggs/omelette with veggies. Keep you fuller for longer.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I can answer this one because your daily calorie allowance is about the same as mine and I only had ten pounds to lose. Look at my diary, I am almost always over by 300 or 400 calories, and I exercise less than once a week ... But I'm losing. I'll be there in two pounds! The link that someone else showed you:" roadmap" helped me. I figured out my TDEE and have felt confident ever since! If I eat over 2000 calories I just make up the difference over the next two or three days, as long as I'm not gaining I'm on my way.

At the beginning I did have lots of nutritional soups, chilli and quinoa salads in the fridge in 200 to 250 calorie portions. I find a whey protein shake will make me feel full for a long time. I no longer care if I miss a meal( rarely happens but still, when it does its fine). Popcorn with nutritional yeast was my favorite snack when my intake was already high. After a few months and losing 8 pounds, I'm finding it easier all the time. Hopefully youll fine one little tip here that is helpful.
  • TheLittleLebowski
    Options
    Had one today and another only a few days ago, sucks man.

One thing I do to try to stop it is time myself, if I feel hungry i'll look at the clock and tell myself, in half an hour I can half a yoghurt or something, then I'll tell myself I can have the other half, half an hour after that, I feel more content then and the urge tends to pass.
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Just work out at the end of the day to take some of it off. It happens to me too sometimes.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    This may sound odd, but are you getting enough sleep? I find I'm endlessly hungry on days I feel particularly tired, and seem to always be reaching for something to give me a little boost. All day long.
  • tristahenry
    Options
    This may sound odd, but are you getting enough sleep? I find I'm endlessly hungry on days I feel particularly tired, and seem to always be reaching for something to give me a little boost. All day long.

I'm definitely not getting enough sleep, I have a colicky baby that I'm up with every few hours... also workouts are a struggle for the same reason. I can only get in one here and there so I can't rely on exercise to boost my calorie intake. On the days that I can get in regular meals, I go over calories and eat double my protein and fiber. I'm going to check out that website for TDEE to see what that's all about.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    In that case, it may not be about what you're eating. There are many, many articles about the link between lack of sleep and overweight.

I understand with your baby it's pointless to say "get more sleep." But you might want to give yourself a break for a while, just do your best and recognize what is happening to your tired body.