Lemon Garlic Parmigiano Roasted Cauliflower - VEGETARIAN

Options
tnqnt
tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
Oven Roasted Lemon Cauliflower - ABSOLUTELY delicious!

NOTE: I only use Nusalt and Lite Salt because I am watching sodium and potassium.
You can definitely, use regular salt instead of salt substitutes :):):)

1) Preheat Oven to 450 degrees F
2) Wash and cut Cauliflower in bite sized pieces, dry thoroughly.
3) Place Cauliflower on large baking sheet so it does not overlap
4) Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, and Salt and pepper, mix to coat with clean hands.
5) Bake in hot oven, turning halfway through, for approx 20 min (until you see it starting to caramelize).
**I like it pretty well caramelized, but you can do it for less if you don't like slight charring.
6) Turn oven down to 375 degrees F
7) Transfer cooked cauliflower to stone baking dish (lasagne type dish), and add onions and garlic, and mix.
8) Bake at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
9) Top with Lemon Juice, Dry Toasted Pine Nuts and Parmigiano Reggiano (**USE GOOD PARM REG, not the shaker stuff), return to oven for 5 minutes longer.
10) ENJOY! This makes 2 servings.

TIP: If this is used as a meal, its yummy to add drained, rinsed DARK RED KIDNEY BEANS to it for added nutrition and protein.

INGREDIENT and Calorie Breakdown.....

1 Avg Size head of Cauliflower, cut off the stem and cut into smallish pieces - 210 CAL
1 TBL Olive Oil - 119 CAL
6 Cloves Garlic - 27 CAL
1/4 Cup Chopped Onions - 17 CAL
1/2 oz Lemon juice - Raw - 4 CAL
1 Ounce Authentic Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly shaved or grated - 110 CAL
1/4 Cup Dry Toasted Pine Nuts - Pine Nuts - 200 CAL
1/2 Teaspoon Salt (or you can use Nusalt Salt Substitute and or any Lite Salt if you are watching your sodium intake) - 0 CAL
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper - 5 CAL
Ingredient Total: 692 CAL for TWO servings

CALORIES Per Serving: 346 CALORIES

Replies

• ljl150
    ljl150 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy!! Thanks
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I keeping this. Thanks. What is nusalt?
  • tnqnt
    Options
    Hi! NuSalt is a salt substitute... you don't need to use it - you can just use salt, instead.
    I only use it because it is potassium chloride, which increases my potassium and decreases my sodium :)

You can definitely just sub with regular salt :):)
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    bump! thanks for posting
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That sounds god.
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    this sounds amazing!!!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Hi! NuSalt is a salt substitute... you don't need to use it - you can just use salt, instead.
    I only use it because it is potassium chloride, which increases my potassium and decreases my sodium :)

Thankyou:)
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tnqnt
    Options

Thankyou:)

Absolutely :) I edited the recipe to list Salt as the ingredient and Nusalt as an option... :):):)
  • tnqnt
    Options
    Oh - forgot to add ... you can use this recipe with almost any vegetable... it is YUMMY with Broccoli, too... the trick is the caramelization of the roasted vegis and using good Parm Reg :)
  • beccafish42
    beccafish42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love this!! I roast my cauliflower all of the time, but never thought about adding the pine nuts and lemon. Can't wait to try this! Thanks so much! Might I recommend doing it with fennel? It's so incredibly good. I just slice mine into 1/2 inch slices, turning once and then adding the parm. Sooo yum!!
  • tnqnt
    Options
    Love this!! I roast my cauliflower all of the time, but never thought about adding the pine nuts and lemon. Can't wait to try this! Thanks so much! Might I recommend doing it with fennel? It's so incredibly good. I just slice mine into 1/2 inch slices, turning once and then adding the parm. Sooo yum!!

Ohhhh - Yes - i love Fennel! This would be so good. I love roasted fennel. I usually use raclette cheese with it, but will have to try this recipe with it... maybe even add some sundried tomatoes... :):):)
  • beccafish42
    beccafish42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    raclette! I'll have to try that!
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    oooh la la
  • tnqnt
    Options
    Any roasted vegi is oooh lala to me :):) I LOVE them.... why did our parents always BOIL or STEAM everything? That is why so many people hate vegis... overcooked mushy vegis- YUCK! :)