booze is the devil

Options
2»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is such a dangerous substance, and I'm not just saying it health-wise. I'm looking at the above responses to this question/rant and I keep seeing statements along the lines of "Oh, I wouldn't be able to live without alcohol, it is a necessity." Do you see anything wrong with this? At all? Anyone?

Probably just joking around
  • elevatorguy925
    Options
    Moderation is the word, alcohol or food can make you dance with the devil. For the calories booze is not a good choice.
    I still like an occasional drink but plan for the calories.
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    There's actually a way to drink alcohol (namely booze and dry wine) without gaining an ounce of weight. You just have to know how your body processes nutrients and be smart about it.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is such a dangerous substance, and I'm not just saying it health-wise. I'm looking at the above responses to this question/rant and I keep seeing statements along the lines of "Oh, I wouldn't be able to live without alcohol, it is a necessity." Do you see anything wrong with this? At all? Anyone?

Nope.
    *sips 3rd glass of wine*
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

Nope.
    *sips 3rd glass of wine*

*grabs 2nd bottle and wine opener, heads over*
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    There's actually a way to drink alcohol (namely booze and dry wine) without gaining an ounce of weight. You just have to know how your body processes nutrients and be smart about it.
    Color me fascinated...
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Nope.
    *sips 3rd glass of wine*

*grabs 2nd bottle and wine opener, heads over*

I knew there was a reason I keep you around. :wink: *holds out glass*
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Wine makes ya feel so fine!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Booze is cheaper than a shrink.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    No alcohol, no hangover or DUI or making an *kitten* out of yourself! Easy solution Don' t drink alcohol!
  • GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I could write a novel on this subject. Maybe I will.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I think it's really weird that alcohol is legal. It trips me out all the time.
  • GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Its killing me.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm eight days sober right now. :bigsmile:

Hey, I'm losing weight! So it's all good! :smokin:
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of time when people say "I need a drink" it's mostly not serious..
    This is so far from the truth where I work. It is said by almost everyone I work with, "and they wonder why we drink". You have to love factory work.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Hang around the forum a bit more and you'll read about other dangerous substances....caffeine, soya, gm food, flavourings for water, cola, bread, pasta, white rice, anything with carbs in it and of course, sugar. Did I miss anything?
  • Sharon0523
    Options
    We all have our vices!

Important thing is to get back on track INSTANTLY.
    If you really want something...have it! Then stick with the goal the rest of the time.

I think failure is definite if you tell yourself you can never have a cheat?