Elliptical Recommendations?

Options
Can someone recommend a good elliptical?Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    do not buy one.

one that will last and be enjoyable to use is WAY too expensive and you will eventually get tired of it because as you get more fit, you will want more of a challenge...........plus they are hard to move, and take up way too much space

if you feel you need a machine at home, get an exercise bike for about $200 at sears or target.
  • McShell12
    McShell12 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I already have an exercise bike, stairmaster, and treadmill. I was hoping to add a little more spice to my home gym.

My home equipment gets lots of use. (Food is the issue for my weight gain.) I know that the good gym equipment is pricey. I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction in terms of brands for ellipticals. I love my Precor treadmill, but I haven't seen a Precor elliptical that I loved yet.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    well if you are honestly using all that equipment and you obviously have the room and the money then ....hmmmm

I can't imagine why you would need another cardio machine

do you lift weights?

and as you said...if it is food that is the problem, another piece of cardio equipment wont help that issue as you know

I guess I dont have advice for you

good luck
  • twocsmom
    twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have an Octane and LOVE it! It was about $2000, but worth every penny. I tried several less expensive ones at a variety of stores but they just felt cheap and I didn't feel secure on them. Mine doesn't take up too much space (it's tucked into the corner of my bedroom). And when I moved houses the movers didn't have any problem moving it. One guy was able to lift it up and wheel it out on the built in wheels in the front. Much much easier to move than the treadmill I used to have!

I've been using it almost daily for the last 16 months and have not reached a point where I don't feel like I'm getting a workout. It has plenty of options to change up the workout, and resistance levels from 0 up to 20 (when I first started working out I was doing a zero, now am at a level 5 or 6 comfortably-so you can see there is still plenty of room for growth).

Shop around and try them out. Then go home and go back a few days later and try out the ones you've narrowed it down to again. You'll find the right one!
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I did the research at the beginning of the year and went with Smooth Fitness 8.0LC finding it to have really good bang for the buck and comparable or better in performance compared to high grade gym machines. It has a 10 yr warranty, 2 yrs on home labor and fully returnable for 60 days. Other Smooth models have greater adjust-ability if that's important to you. They sell via the web so check their site.

After a year of heavy use I'm extremely happy with it. The only problem is according to their website they're currently out of stock on every model. Maybe that tells us something.
  • suzywuzy90
    suzywuzy90 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have an Octane and LOVE it! It was about $2000, but worth every penny.
    I love the Octane Lateral Ellipcal!